Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • builders & outdoorsey constructing type people..which softshell jacket?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Had my £25 softshell jacket for coming up to a year and pretty much worn it every working day and not been careful or mindful of it when working with stone, timber etc. Make is Blackrock, bought it from Screwfix. Its been really good for the money but its just now starting to fray at the cuffs and generally look a bit tatty. I just wondered whether, as a replacement, there’s any else I should be considering? I like the look of the Scruggs jacket but the one I tried on seemed to have too long sleeves in relation to the Jacket. What are you guys wearing?

kayak23

Scruffs hooded softshell jacket.

It’s good.

tymbian
    Free Member

Ooo..I’ve never worn a hoodie,

Hi Kayak…how’s the college project coming along?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maccruiskeen

I’ve had great value out of Snickers stuff – not their soft shells specifically though. A bit more pricy than others but worth the extra for good fit.

For a softshell though theres nothing particularly workwear-y about the workwear brands other than maybe pocket details. First place I look for that kind of cheap technical jacket is TK Maxx. Got decent workshop/site milage from bargain rail Patagonia jackets.

If you’ve got a branch of Arco locally theres more choice there than Screwfix and the opportunity to try stuff on, with a bit of patience you can get good deals in sales and promotional events. Good tip if you do have a branch locally – ask them to set up a ‘Cash Account’, its not a trade credit account, you still pay at the till but you get a much better price than the one on the ticket.

slackalice
    Free Member

That looks way too nice to wear for work 😉

My work jacket must be getting on for 8 years now, worn every day for at least 9 months each year too. The label says ‘Click Traders’ and for the life of me, cannot remember where I got it from but has been outstanding value.

A quick google and lo and behold, they still sell them….

Here at least

Although, yes, there are one or two frays…

kayak23

tymbian – Member

Ooo..I’ve never worn a hoodie,

Hi Kayak…how’s the college project coming along?

Once you experience the joys of a hoodie, you’ll never go back.. 🙂

The project has come to a bit of a halt this week. I’ve been struck down with the more aggressive form of type 1 man-flu which has left me not really wanting to use dangerous machinery too much. The student in question has also had a series of Uni interviews and also other curriculum obligations so we are having a welcome rest from the hard labour this week, then Easter break too so it’ll be a couple of weeks before we start up proper again…

kiwijohn

Just get a Swandri, I’ve had mine for 26 years. It’s never been washed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘builders & outdoorsey constructing type people..which softshell jacket?’ is closed to new replies.