Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Builder/Plumber/Roofer/Gutterer/Drainer needed – HERTS – Individuals or ref's
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

Hi all

Just in the process of completing on a Victorian detached house that has been unloved for sometime. I need a bunch of great trades that people on here (whom for some bizarre reason I always trust – never been let down so far !) to do the work I need, which is basically :-

– Roof (tiled) repaired – NOT REPLACED !! There are some slipped tiles, a few hips that need the ridge tiles set back in etc
    – Plumbing – 1 shower fitted, one ensuite done – this is the one part that will stay done, so quite a big job, the rest of the bathroom work is make do and mend till we can afford to do more. Also, need new boiler/cylinder combination supplied and fitted and all rad system flushed and cleaned out.
    – Building – need new doorway put into en-suite and old one blocked off
    – Guttering – plastic and in a bad way, not enough downpipes, leading to not enough soakaways and drains etc, causing considerable damp problems.
    – Drainage – see guttering !

None of this is rocket science and we just want honest hardworking builders etc prepared to do a great job for a fair price, we can put whoever comes down to do the work up in the house (not palatial but will save on accomodation) if you are travelling – I know there is not a lot of work in all parts of the country and we live in ripoff central for builders and I am jack of builders who rock up in Porsches !

Is there any of these trades that people recommend or are you a hard working mountain biking doer of things with your hands that hasn’t quite got enough work on and fancies a bit of soft southern hospitality, let me know, I would appreciate it massively. My email address is on the member page.

I would really appreciate this, having just come back to the country, all my builders from the olden days seem to have died or retired !

chakaping
    Free Member

where in herts are you? I know a good plumber, think he’s in ware

email in profile (but going away for a few days)

roadiesean
    Free Member

I’m in sunny Harpenden actually ! Anyone else ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Builder/Plumber/Roofer/Gutterer/Drainer needed – HERTS – Individuals or ref's’ is closed to new replies.