Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Builder Recommendations – Bristol Area
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have a bit of a project on at the back of the house – involving knocking a wall down, RSJ in, knocking down a crappy single skin extension at the back and replacing with something a bit blingier 🙂

I can do most of the second fix carpentry myself (which means I'm going to be a bit on the fussy side with a builder), but looking for a someone good and reliable (cheapness is the least important) to give me a shell to work with. Anybody used anyone good in the Bristol area that he or she would be happy to recommend?

Cheers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just a bump for the daytime crowd. Anyone?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Could you post some pics of the work mrcas? 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

I doubt he’ll be back. Looks like a spammer.

We are looking for one, too. If you find a good one can you pass on the details.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I doubt he’ll be back. Looks like a spammer.

Indeed, hence the wink. 🙂

mrcas
    Free Member

I was merely trying to help a fellow member find a good builder. Oh well.

As someone who built my own chromoly fixed-tail frame, Suntour chain set and Shimano geared and V braked hybrid (for the daily commute) some years ago before moving into MTB proper with a Carrera Fury for ‘fun’ rides, sadly since stolen 🙁 I’m just getting back into it now after a few years break due to a very nasty car accident. Hence the interest in the Mag and previous visits to your site.

Sure, I’ll upload the shots when the new work has been done in the next few weeks. We’re converting a sunroom into a dining room (as the garage conversion into a dining room we had done before is now a bedroom, due to growing family) with the help of Geoff and his team at Benchmark, then deadlydarcy can make his/her own mind up.

ridingscared
    Free Member

txt me on 07929236621, I know the perfect person , can show you the work he has done (and continues to do) for me and I’ve absolutely no connection with him whatsoever !! Matt.

geoffj

There’s a chap near Malvern – might be a bit pricey though 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a chap near Malvern – might be a bit pricey though

His standards aren’t quite up to mine 😀 (think pound coin as opposed to 10p piece).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mrcas, please accept my apologies. Spammers often quickly register and post a reply, never to return. Your post looked like that. 😳

mrcas
    Free Member

Apology accepted. Understandable mistake. No harm done.

I need to keep the building work to a minimum so there’s something left for my new MTB 😀 …Not sure whether to build a bespoke bike or buy off the shelf…I’ve only got £500 budget 🙁 and itching to get out there again for some sweaty muddy fun…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Builder Recommendations – Bristol Area’ is closed to new replies.