Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Builder recommendation in Ayrshire
  • damomcg
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    Having been messed about by up to 7 recommended builders (can’t believe this) just trying to get some quotes for window installation work, I was wondering if anyone could make a recommendation? Seems like if it’s not UPVC it’s out of their comfort zone. Just want some modern aluminium ones put into an existing wall. Plans and building warrant all there.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You looking for a builder, or a joiner to install Windows?

damomcg
    Free Member

It’ll have to be a builder as putting windows into a wall where there were none previously. So openings need knocked out and lintels inserted etc before installing.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Where abouts? I’m in Largs and getting royally pissed off by builders who come out to have a look before quoting and then disappear into the ether. Or say they’ll come and don’t show. Business must be good if you can afford to annoy people (oh and the mob from Kilwinning who chase every warrant application are of the former ilk).

I know someone I would recommend but I already know they were quite busy and mostly work up here.

damomcg
    Free Member

I’m near Kilmarnock.
    Have had a similar experience. They come out but quotes never materialise. Have tried to go with one guy but the whole aluminium windows thing just seems to confound them. If I wanted UPVC then I suspect it might be done by now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can recommend a local window company, based in Prestwick, I know the owner, and the guys he employs, and have had various jobs done by them. Drop me an email, and I’ll give you their details.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Builder recommendation in Ayrshire’ is closed to new replies.