Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Build day for my parkwood
  • ryu1720
    Free Member

So I got an email from on-one saying today was the day they are building my parkwood .What do you think the likelihood of it being with me by the weekend is ??

sandwicheater

Jamie
    Free Member

Brant, Brant…..oh wait.

Straightliner

Mine’s being built today too.

ryu1720
    Free Member

@straightliner just out of interest when did you order yours ??

Straightliner

24th May so it’s been a while now. It’s a C2W purchase I missed out on the first pre-ordered batch, and they’ve been waiting for a few parts recently.

ryu1720
    Free Member

27th of may for me so fingers crossed for today ey!

Straightliner

Confirmed as built and parcelled up, but being delivered by Yodel…. I can guess that will be drop-kicked down the street before being left in someone else’s garden then….

ryu1720
    Free Member

It’s arrived whoop whoop!!!

jonba
    Free Member

ryu1720 – Member
    It’s arrived whoop whoop!!!

Well put some photos up, we need to slag off your pointing or your lawn.

ryu1720
    Free Member

Will do when I get home from work.

Straightliner

The finish is good and it had it’s first outing last night. Playful but also reasonable at covering the ground. Seems quite heavy though at just over 30lbs, although I guess that could be pared down with lighter wheels and tyres, and the fact that I normally ride a fully rigid carbon singlespeed.

Couple of pictures of the new bike:

somouk
    Free Member

How do you feel the aluminium frame is comfort wise compared to your carbon one?

iolo
    Free Member

Have they downgraded parts without telling you in Codine cranks stylee?

Jamie
    Free Member

Genuine question, how can a bike be playful?

iolo
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him
    Genuine question, how can a bike be playful?

It plays kiss chase with you. At over 30 pounds it will never catch you mind.

Jamie
    Free Member

I did wonder if it was something of a coquettish bent.

Straightliner

Bent like the top tube? 😕

Playful as it’s not a head down/ar*e up race bike, it pops off things well and while not light feels nimble enough not have to fight it through the singletrack.

Parts are exactly as expected, so no changes to the spec (apart from a white fork and not a black one as originally requested which they confirmed with me before the build).

As for comfort, it seemed fine for a couple of hours last night but it does have slightly larger tyres than on my singlespeed which will also help. I’ve had Scandals in the past and they were very comfortable all day rides so I’m not too worried about it in terms of taking a beating on long rides, although only time will tell.

Will need a different saddle though, I don’t get on with the standard offering.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Nice bike, is it my eyes or is the steerer on the forks really that long?

Straightliner

The steerer came pretty long (I guess uncut) to allow lots of adjustment. I’ve dropped it as low as it will go and will cut off the remainder so it doesn’t look ridiculous, but last night the need to ride was more important than a sticky-out steerer 😆

ryu1720
    Free Member

Took mine out for the first time tonight as well

codybrennan
    Free Member

Recommendable?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That steerer isn’t uncut they just left space to adjust cockpit also helps resale value.

Straightliner

I really enjoyed my first ride on it, and will be out tomorrow for a longer jaunt so will probably be able to provide more feedback after that. On its one outing so far it seems like just the kind of thing I was looking for as I’ve moved to wagon wheels all round – a 29er ‘replacement’ for a C456.

higgo
    Free Member

I really enjoyed my first ride on it, and will be out tomorrow for a longer jaunt so will probably be able to provide more feedback after that. On its one outing so far it seems like just the kind of thing I was looking for as I’ve moved to wagon wheels all round – a 29er ‘replacement’ for a C456.

That’ll do me – mine (when it arrives) is a replacement for my c456.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Do on one actually try to make their decals look shite?.

Straightliner

The decals are two different shades of green, so it looks odd on the pictures like they’ve not stuck properly or have been misprinted. They are designed to resemble old space invader games (I think) and look nice in the flesh.

singlespeedstu

straightliner.
    I think you need to bolt some more tat to yours for the true On One/STW potential to shine through. 🙂

singlespeedstu

straightliner.
    I think you need to bolt some more tat to yours for the true On One/STW potential to shine through. 🙂

Straightliner

Bottle cage and seat pack is more than enough. If I can ride without a backpack on I will.

As for comfort, I was out for 3.5hrs earlier and it seemed not much different from my Lurcher, so that’s all good.

vondally
    Free Member

what was the weight on the lurcher in comparision??

30lbs seems a lot for the parkwood which I thought was the replacement for the scandal?

Straightliner

Lurcher is 22lbs but not built as a weight weenie bike by any means. SLX crank and brakes, Hope hubs/Crests, Specialized tyres, Easton alloy bar, (whispers) Cane Creek bar ends etc.

Can honestly say the scales are probably not super accurate so the absolute values may be slightly off, but at least there is a direct comparison between the two bikes.

I think the majority of the weight addition on the Parkwood is in the wheels and tyres, and then the Reverb. (Obviously, the gears add some too but I don’t think Deore is ridiculously heavy for a 20 spd gear set)

vondally
    Free Member

cheers interesting comparision

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Build day for my parkwood’ is closed to new replies.