Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Build complete! (LTHT Ferrous content)
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

Phew, he’s done. STW meet Albert :twisted::
    [img]http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/HermanShake/IMAG0220.jpg[/img]

Phone pics, in case you couldn’t tell. QRs being replaced with thrus very soon (in the post). Helitape on the way too. There’ll be a Soul and Meta for sale soon with some bits too.

Oh, and if you can’t say anything nice… 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pity you didn’t buy the right sized frame 😉

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Saddle high enough? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    djflexure

Looks sweet, always fancied a Dialled.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where, oh where to start…

The shed door, weeds on the cracked paving and more…

HermanShake
    Free Member

Saddle height; pffft note the GD. It’s a 17″ and I’m 5′ 11″ :mrgreen:

Sweetness; yes indeedy.

Garden; I know. It’s a shared house and the garden is a housemate’s domain. It’s a polished turd 😆

balfa
    Free Member

Nice. A little chopper tastic for my tastes though. I always thought my PA rode best with 125mm forks on it like it was originally designed for.

stratobiker
    Free Member

OMG… what a mess!!!! The work of a clueless amateur!!!

Bike looks nice though! 😉

letmetalktomark

Herman Shake – Member

Phew, he’s done. STW meet Albert :twisted::

Why is your (prince) Albert Twisted?

Out of interest how much post is in the frame? Been looking at a GD but not sure they are long enough.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Twisted was meant to be the emoticon 😈 which I associate with gnarliness. Post didn’t emote though.

I imagine a twisted Prince Albert (anatomically speaking) to be a rather painful affair!

GD is 1″ above min insert, there’s loads of post.

unsponsored
    Free Member

How does the ride compare to the soul?

soobalias
    Free Member

i can confirm a twisted PA is painful, pics to follow

HermanShake
    Free Member

My reluctant answer is I don’t know! I bought the Soul frame first, read up more and then decided I needed something a little more BFe (geddit? IGMC) and didn’t want to hurt the Soul. I then bought the PA frame, it arrived and looked truly beautiful and was built prior to the Soul arriving which I was going to try out of curiosity. The Cotic headbadge also erks me, but that’s just me.

I can tell you the Soul is astonishingly lightweight and has the finish you’d expect of a frame that expensive. That’s 853 for you! In my assumption/what I’ve read would suggest that the ride would be more gentle and a little more zingy. The burlier build of the PA is bound to feel stiffer as there’s nearly 1/2 a kg more steel there; which is visibly clear when comparing the stays/dropouts.

And yes, the Soul is orange too.

chiefgrooveguru

Looks nice!

I don’t think you’d have been likely to break the Soul though – if you figure in the increased tensile strength of the 853 vs 725 then rough calculations suggest the two frames have very similar strength. Obviously stiffness is a different matter as it’s fairly constant for steel alloys (and thus depends on tube profiles and gauges).

flebby
    Free Member

your kettle has a plant growing out of it, i’ll have a cold drink thanks.

nice bike!

simon67
    Free Member

Are you still selling the Soul?

Size , price please if you are

Ta

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Build complete! (LTHT Ferrous content)’ is closed to new replies.