Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Build a HT around my fork
  • rOcKeTdOg

So I’ve got a 130mm 29er rev

Want a HT frame that can take 29×2.4 or 27.5×2.8 and the fork travel. Don’t want it super slack, just singletrack friendly. i.e. i want to be able to climb on it without the front wheel flopping all over the place. Oh and external BB too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Solaris?. Seems too obvious though!…

rene59
    Free Member

Stanton Sherpa.

cp

My ragley big wig is great. It’s slack but climbs really well actually. It’ll do up to 27.5×3.0 in the back.

superstu
    Free Member

Pinnacle ramin 2018? Not sure they do frame only though

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve had a solaris & bigwig in the past and couldn’t get on with them

matt_outandabout

So I’ve got a 130mm 29er rev

Sell it to me* for £50 and a pack of haribo, then you are free to build up any frame you like.

*for the Stumpy FSR 29er frame in the shed..

Shackleton

Production Privee Shan GT. Not having an external BB put me off but apparently it isn’t a problem.

I’m still have impure thoughts about them and only penury is stopping me……..

frogstomp

Chameleon!

sanername

I didn’t like my Sherpa with Dt Swiss 29er 130mm fork, even with 27.5+tyres it was all getting a bit tall.

I’ve now put the fork on a new BFe and will be trying it out with a 3.0 front and 2.6 back Nobby Nic combo.

So yeah, I’ve been building a bike aroung a 130mm 29er fork and that’s where I’ve ended up.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Trek Stache and live with the BB.

trusty

Pipedream sirius 4g?

coomber
    Free Member

Pace r129/7

NormalMan

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I’ve had a solaris & bigwig in the past and couldn’t get on with them

Sorry if this is slightly OT. But I have had a on/off or love/hate ownership at times with my Solaris (sometimes down to parts not the bike as such) but anyway, can you explain more on what didn’t work for you?

tazzymtb

how old is the fork, whats the offset? can make a difference to frame chose head angle and so on as a slack head angle with a low offset will be a bit iffy in tight corners.

if its 48-51 then have a look at the mk3 stooge as that works well with a boingy fork and the would play well as 650B+ machine.

Mind you the dartmoor primal 29er at Slam 69 always looks like a great deal and would work very well indeed.

tazzymtb

sonder is also worth a look

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Build a HT around my fork’ is closed to new replies.