Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Build a bike for £150
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

While i was looking with a friend for a new bike, on his budget of £150. It was only going to be a bike he could commute on and leave locked up in town without too much fear of it not being there when he finished work, hes a keen MTB’r too and rightly considers his two other bikes too nickable for his commute. We looked at the various offerings in Halfords and online and i stupidly muttered the words i can build a better bike than that for £150. So hes going to put me to it… Rules are it must be all new parts and be capable of a bit of off road… should i back out? Ive made a few parts lists but im struggling to find a fork and cheaper wheels.

scaredypants

why all new parts ?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

his rule: its going head to head with other new bikes so all parts must be new.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    U31
    Free Member

Cant be done with even bottom rung new components. Should be just do-able with good SH components though, and still be far better then a new Halfords or Tesco type…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I dont like giving up, but i think this is one i will have to give up on. It has made me realise how cheap you can get things tough, frame on Bikedock,and mechs/cranks/peddles on CRC, just those pesky wheels and fork…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

That looks like a cross between a superbow and a spesh womens frame. I actually think on glance it looks quite nice in a minimalist way. Your right though you can’t beat that for the money, not that I’ve seen, posted the link to my friend. Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Build a bike for £150’ is closed to new replies.