Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Oh dear… we're up the duff! – random thoughts & STW advice invited!
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

Omitn, up until about a week ago, I didn’t really have a bump at all – it seems to have suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the last few days. I am feeling absolutely fantastic at the moment, no issues whatsoever (why do I think that is going to come back and bite me in the bum big style????). Still riding, on and off road, although road bike is starting to get a bit uncomfortable, so rich has just flipped my stem up to make the front end a bit higher, which helped. Has MrsN finally got over her sickness then? Haven’t really noticed any food affecting baby’s movements yet, but it seems to be pretty busy practicing backflips most days, especially in the late evenings.

gnarman
    Free Member

And she is sure she is pregnant? Is she showing yet?

Not showing, no signs of sickness or anything like that. She has peed on around half a dozen fancy digital 'Clear Blue' test sticks, every one has come back positive (with an estimate of 2-3 weeks on conception…)

I don’t really see how you can go from having unprotected sex to wanting a termination, surely if you have unprotected sex you are aware of the consequences and happy to deal with them, otherwise you’d have been taking precautions?

For 11 years this has been the case… then a single moment of madness and boomshackalacka "He shoots, He scores!" (so to speak 😆 )

The level of resentment caused by "not wanting to blackmail her" will be off the scale if she realizes her career/future/social life is adversely affected by the decision she (you) make in the next few weeks.

I'm conscious of this, but it should be a decision for us both, though ultimately I know it's up to her.

Woody
    Free Member

For 11 years this has been the case… then a single moment of madness

Hats of to you both for still retaining that level of urge after 11 years…….but at the same time, only once in 11 years 😯

matt_outandabout

For 11 years this has been the case… then a single moment of madness and boomshackalacka "He shoots, He scores!" (so to speak )

prettygreenparrot

Forget that FS upgrade you were thinking of 😉

Congratulations and enjoy the journey. Children are real fun.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I must have super fit wrigglers as 3 weeks ago was the first time we've ever had unprotected nookie, I'm a one shot wonder Anyone else managed pregnancy with one attempt??

Legions of teenagers have become pregnant on one attempt, you're not alone.

In practical terms your missus should now follow the usual routine preconceptual advice such as folic acid etc if she hasn't already been doing so.

gnarman
    Free Member

started taking Pregnacare vitamins today… plus abstaining from alcohol etc. She seems to think cheese is out as well?

Burts
    Free Member

Avoid soft cheese, hard cheese (cheddars etc) ok.

mrsflash
    Free Member

unpasturised cheeses are out and blue cheese is out. Google the FSA guidelines on what you are advised to avoid. But remember, it's only advise, and it does change, so it's up to you to make up your own mind about what risk you are willing to take.

Tiger6791

I'm a one shot wonder

<thickyorkshireaccent>aye thee put a reet mix in there lad!, non of that 'tato water!</thickyorkshireaccent>

mrgibbons
    Free Member

😉

ourmaninthenorth

Mrsflash – sickness went eventually just before 19 weeks, and after then her appetite came back. George is tiny (under 5 feet tall) so the bump has shown up lots. In fact, she looks positively huge already, but very healthy (though work is v tiring). She's also developed SPD, though some physio work seems to have that under control.

Only another 17 weeks to go for you two ladies..! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear… we're up the duff! – random thoughts & STW advice invited!’ is closed to new replies.