• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bugger, just killed a tyre. What next?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I was running Continental Trail Kings 650b x 2.4″.
    Managed to pinch the bead last night so time for a new tyre.

Same again or time to try something different? Riding is mostly in the Peak District on a 160mm full sus with more interest in down than up.

Smorgasbord for example is half the price and lighter to boot (although narrower).

Open to suggestions but I need to pick it up today (On One is local, Evans have the TK in stock).

Del

chunky monkey then?
    i tried them up front – tried to kill me, but i know others get on well with them. fine for me on the rear.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers Del. Just how bad was it on the front?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I got on really well with the chunky monkey on the front. How about a speech butcher grid? Both options are well priced.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you ride rocky stuff, CM is a great front tyre, really good grip on rock and the big profile is confidence inspiring. However, I’ve ripped 2 of them on the rear running them tubeless, and have decided to only have them up front now. Trail boss next I think, WTB sidewalls on my breakout are bombproof, although quite heavy. A price worth paying IMO.

ontor
    Free Member

I quite like one on the front, its quite hard to beat really. Get the sticky version.

They grip well and are reasonably predictable, I run mine a little on the soft side on the front. On the rear (hard tail) I spank through them too quickly.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I rode chunky monkey up front and smogasbord rear for a whole and it was a good set up.

bails

I got a cheap Geax Goma from OO a while ago which I’m impressed with. Don’t know if they’ve still got any? Think mine cost £6!

Del

i was using the vanilla version up front, in 26. over 3-4 rides i just kept having moments where i was leant in, and all of a sudden the front would take a step to the side.
    i ride with ontor above from time to time so it just goes to show how personal it can be. maybe sticky + 29 = good?
    had no trouble with them on the rear at all.
    chameleon with a 150 fork up front, ghetto tubeless.
    loam and flint trails.

Del
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bugger, just killed a tyre. What next?’ is closed to new replies.