• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bugger! Hope XC ratchet rings
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Just e-mailed hope about replacing the ratchet ring on my tired old lovely XC hub. Obsolete now, they have none left so they cant replace it!!!

Arrggghh.

Still I have a mint XC shell with virtually no use that I can use to rebuild the wheel. BUT ITS RED NOT BLACK WAAAH! 😆

itsup
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…that’s not very British!!!

Wish they had given us a chance of a LTB date!

bigyinn
    Free Member

LTB??

RustySpanner

I hope he rings too.
    Not heard from him in ages.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh my aching sides! 😆

itsup
    Free Member

Last Time Buy…

jimification
    Free Member

Yeah, they wear out eventually. Ours is now our front door handle 🙂

yatesy

ring betd/goldtec ask for marc and il sort it for you. we have a couple of rachet rings left to fit hope hubs and we have the means to get them out.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I had one of my XC ratchets done a couple of months ago. The (very helpful) chap at Hope didn’t mention that their stocks were low. My rear ratchet is nice and quiet compared with a Pro2.

I’d have thought that it would be worth it for Hope to make more ratchet rings.

There must be 1000s of Hope XC rear hubs out there. Built-in obsolescence…

Pieface

Same happened to me. I guess they make more money selling / keeping the Pro 2’s in working order. Maybe they’re no longer tooled up to make replacement ratchet rings.

tandemwarriors

Same here with ratchet rings for the Big ‘Un on the tandem 🙁

joelm76
    Free Member

thought that they would keep those in stock, mine’s on the way out on a classic XC hub 🙁

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

[/quote]I’d have thought that it would be worth it for Hope to make more ratchet rings.

So they can swap them for free to hubs they’ve not made for over 7 years? They have to stop making things eventually. Just so happens now is the time.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yatesy i’ll be ringing you tomorrow.

Blazin-saddles they don’t replace them for free!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ok, stand corrected, `comment still stand though, when do you stop making spares for products you haven’t made in a long time?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Depends on how many were made and the lifespan of the product.
    The XC started out as the Ti Glide back in the mid 90’s and basically remained the same internally until being discontinued.
    It seems a waste to have to bin a hub and rebuild a wheel for the sake of one component being worn out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Big thumbs up to Marc (Yatesy) at BETD. Wheel received and sorted yesterday, now sat beside me with a new ratchet ring and bearings installed. Excellent service indeed!
    Shed time tonight!
    Thanks mate 😀

D0NK

Arrggghh indeed

bigyinn
    Free Member

Arrgh withdrawn due to satisfactory resolution. 😆

D0NK

I’m alright jack

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bugger! Hope XC ratchet rings’ is closed to new replies.