• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bugatti Veyron? Pah, far too slow!
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

Memory might be out here but I’m sure Mercedes had a car that did maybe 270 in the 1930s

jimjam
    Free Member

mickmcd – Member

Memory might be out here but I’m sure Mercedes had a car that did maybe 270 in the 1930s

Cars doing those kind of speeds in the 1930s were one off prototypes – 30ft long with 24 litre engines. They were the thrust SSC’s of their day. The Koenigsegg is a “production” car that anyone with a spare 1.5 million can buy.

alpin – Member

Think I’d still rather a Caterham 360.

If you can afford a Koenigsegg you can probably have a few Caterhams for good measure.

alpin
    Free Member

i can’t afford a Koenigsegg.

but even if i could i don’t think i’d bother. can’t see myself ragging that up over the Furka Pass on an early summers morning.

jimjam
    Free Member

alpin – Member

i can’t afford a Koenigsegg.

but even if i could i don’t think i’d bother. can’t see myself ragging that up over the Furka Pass on an early summers morning.

Nah you’d just have it flown to wherever you felt was more suitable…pootling around Monaco or whatever.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Pfft. Still not as fast as a Vauxhall Astra rental car.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Seriously impressive, I’d love to hear the external drive by as it passes 200mph and seem to go mental in the acceleration stakes

hols2
    Free Member

Impressive.

I’m hoping someone is mad enough to fit this claimed 5000 hp engine into a car and hurl themselves at the landscape.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bugatti Veyron? Pah, far too slow!’ is closed to new replies.