Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • buffing up the old bike
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

just wondering if there’s any good product or home product for getting the paintwork on the bike looking a bit nicer? It’s a matt finish on the bike.

Cheers

Rob

ashmonkey
    Free Member

T cut and elbow grease.

downhilldave

Don’t use T cut unless you want it shiney.

bencooper
    Free Member

GT85

chrism110
    Free Member

GT85

amplebrew

Was it a matt finish from new or has it dulled over time?

Mr Sheen and very gentle pressure with a microfibre cloth is good at removing grime from a matt finish without shining it up.

My 1200GS is a matt blue colour (Frozen paint as BMW call it) and I just use motorcycle cleaner* and not touch the paint unless I really need to. I even use an air dryer to dry it so I don’t need to chamois it off.

You can buy matt paint cleaner and sealant depending how much you want to spend.

*SDOC100

giddyrob
    Free Member

Thanks… might go for the gt-85 as I always have some of that aboot 🙂

mtbel
    Free Member

Jif-Mousse bathroom cleaner. (I believe the youngsters refer to this as “”sif” these days but weirdly spell it C i f.)

foam up the whole bike, leave it 5 mins (or until it’s no longer foamy and wash it off.. the whole thing will sparkle, especially your cassette etc.. don’t worry it doesn’t affect the performance of brakes, shock seals etc. or damage paint/plastics(carbon).

It’s what I always use if selling a bike to make it look as good as possible. a normal cleanish bike and looked after drivetrain does me fine personally.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘buffing up the old bike’ is closed to new replies.