Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buffering on iPhone iPlayer radio app?
  • somafunk

G’d morning peeps,

Does anyone else use the IPlayer radio app on iPhone and experience buffering issues every few minutes or even more regularly? – i can listen to the same broadcast using iPlayer on my macbook through the wi-fi speakers without experiencing any buffering at all but when i attempt to use the iPlayer app on the iPhone it stutters so much it does my bloody head in.

There’s nothing wrong with my connection, currently sitting at 3.2mbps which is more than adequate for streaming radio, i tried a google search but nothing relevant came up.

Any ideas?.

Cougar

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

somafunk

You should apply for a job as an IT help desk person Cougar

Only joking, yeah i have tried that funnily enough, along with making sure my iphone is well away from possible RF interference – nae difference.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rochey
    Free Member

Yes I do, I tried it out yesterday on the bike, one word USELESS, had to turn it off and go back to me Ipod.

I was hoping it would work but how wrong I was 😥

mega
    Free Member

are you using same network/isp for macbook and phone?

Jamie
    Free Member

Any ideas?.

Use TuneIn. Timeshift, recording and the world of radio on a plate.

somafunk

Yeah, same network, unfortunately there’s nae 3g network where i live and i’ve never actually used 3g so can’t try it on that – I’m using my bt infinity router in the house which the macbook and iphone share – nae probs with streaming radio on the macbook using the BBC radio player but on the iPhone the BBC radio app is next to useless, Oh, and i also use the tunein radio app which is ace.

Oh well, i’ll just use the Tunein app instead.

grum
    Free Member

TuneIn here too. Quite like the wheel interface on the iplayer app but it offers no advantages over TuneIn really.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buffering on iPhone iPlayer radio app?’ is closed to new replies.