• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Buffalo Teclite
  • Bedds
    Free Member

Morning all, I’m looking at getting a Buffalo Teclite for biking and running duties.. does anyone on here have experience of them?

Cheers

matt_outandabout

IME, Buffalo are still not cut as well as Rab or Montane who offer similar things.
    Still a very warm option for high energy sports – my old Montane used to come into its own around freezing with a baselayer below when pedaling.

Bedds
    Free Member

Which rab or montane would you recommend Matt? I want something for wild rides, that will keep me warm and dryish (or at least warm when wet) and be packable

I tried the Rab VR and thought it might not do the job as well as a Buffalo would?

benp1

I wear a Rab VR Alpine Lite for biking, really like it

Don’t wear my buffalo shirt, it’s slightly too big for me but it’s massively warm

I’d guess a Rab VR is less cool than a Buffalo shirt (assuming a Teclite is the normal pile pertex job)

matt_outandabout

Rab VR Lite at the moment, unless you can find an old Montane Krypton

nickc

a Buffalo Teclite for biking and running duties

christ, if I ran in one, I think I’d probably pass out!!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Teclite is the lighter Buffalo; thinner rip stop pertex outer with a micropile inner. I’ve used mine for mtb rides in the past. Not going to pack small enough to put in a jersey pocket like the windshirt but such good venting you could wear it with a base layer or next to your skin as recommended. Mine is the foldaway hood version, not cycle specific. The hood is useful when you stop but not big enough to go over a helmet if that’s your thing.

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks all, she’d brewed that was the one I was looking at, do you rate it?

ben98
    Free Member

I have a buffalo active lite shirt (ripstop with thin pile, no hood) and its my favorite riding top at this time of year, really really good. I did the Yorkshire dales 200 in it earlier in the year and for 22 hours all I did to regulate temperature was zip and unzip it, if I got really warm id tie it around my waist. I was looking at replacing it with the teclite cycle shirt but the sleeves are crazy long (3 inches longer per size than my active lite) that they just look ridiculous bunching up around the wrists. I’m looking at the snugpak equivalent (TS1 smock) as a cheaper replacement as I can get them directly from the factory.

Solo
    Free Member

Buffalo Teclite

I thought this was another Star Wars thread!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rab Generator is all you need, packs down super small, breathes really well and is still warm when wetted out……I find all my Buffalo gear to hot to do any exercise other than walking or sitting watching the rugby in.

niloC
    Free Member

Or you can look at the Marmot dryclime it does the same thing, in use one for winter running

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Bedds, yes I do. It’s a tough piece of kit.

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks chap.. that’s good enough for me

sweaman2
    Free Member

I have a rab vapor rise lt (actually I have all 3 weights of VR 😳 ) and just it plus a base layer is enough for biking in -10C in Canada. Add a generator smock and I’m good to -20C if there isn’t much stopping. So a big thumbs up on the warm and fit side; can’t comment on the wet front so much.

epicyclo

I use a Rab VR for almost all my winter rising. One of its good points is you can pull it up to your elbows to help vent heat – but check that if you try one on because I can only just get it past my forearms.

I carry a Montane Pertex in a pocket for when it gets really wet and just slap that on over the Rab.

For long rides in deep snow or if there’s going to be sleet, I’ll take my Buffalo 6 smock.

Cowman

I also have an active light shirt, albeit a slightly older one, I think they changed the rip stop.

Its a great top, use it most of the year. Its really tough, so loads of grit doesn’t wear or split the fibers. Its Mega vented too.

Ill buy another.

benp1

Suggsey, you ride in a Generator and find it breathable? Surely not sweaty rides? That top is designed to be warm and windproof, not breathable. I’m surprised it’s working for you in that way, it’s meant as an insulated top for gentle output activities or more likely for when you stop

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Buffalo Teclite’ is closed to new replies.