Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Budget workbench?
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a cheap workbench for mounting a vice and a bit of bike bit bashing? Not too big and cheap are top of the list. Ta.

br
    Free Member

Make one?

pictonroad

Offcut of kitchen work top from your local fitters and legs from screwfix does a splendid job for me.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

+1 for make one.

I made this from 4×4 fence posts, some 4x2s and a couple of scaffolding boards.

Liftman

Have a look at machine mart

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine is a bit of chipped worktop from ikeas bargain corner

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve used MDF and old office desk and ply. Currently would use a cheap internal door and a sheet of ply.

trail_rat
    Free Member

machine mart stuff isnt cheap – certainly not the stuff id mount a vise too ….

building is the way forward – get something that wont just rip the vice out of the surface when removing a tight freewheel 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

Cheap flush fire door makes a great work top.

luket

Home made here too. As easy a bit of DIY as you’ll find. Made mine out of a bit of kitchen worktop and some joists out of an old house. (Nearly) 100% recycled!

sbd16v
    Free Member

i bought a kitchen work top from b&q for £10, ask them if they have any damaged ones, they normally do that they will give away for beer money and a 50mm makes a perfect work bench

ski
    Free Member

I posted on here about making your own, quite easy to do and the bonus is you can size it exactly to what you need it for

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’m with mcmoonter, scaffold planks and 3×3, all recycled and ethical (and free)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Budget workbench?’ is closed to new replies.