Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Budget winter tyres
  • shanta
    Free Member

Need to replace the stock tyres on my Trek for some winter tyres. Ideally i would have liked to get some Conti GP 4 Season but cant afford to shell out over 60 of the quens finest notes at the moment. Are there any decent budget tyres that offer good grip and puncture protection?

Thanks in advance.

duckeee
    Free Member

Been using Rubino Pro’s on the commuter with great success so far this year (early August). Go up to 28c for that extra grip/comfort if you can fit them. Only around £15 each too!

shanta
    Free Member

Bump

steve_b77
    Free Member

Gatorskins will be slotted on when my GP race eventually / ever wear out

richardthird

Planet X Rage K. Grip, kevlar belted protection, folding 23 and 25c, colours, pretty light & fast rolling, cheap.

shanta
    Free Member

Rage K look good. Good grip in winter conditions?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I’ve used conti ultra sport on my winter bike for years, they don’t roll fantastic but they are really grippy and cheap

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Been using Hutchinson Intensives for 2 winters. No punctures, work well enough and are cheap.

shanta
    Free Member

Intensive are £14.99 on Planet X at the min. Interesting….

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Intensive are £14.99 on Planet X at the min. Interesting….

As I said, both me and the missus have used them and both have probably ridden 2000km plus – mainly on mountain roads (live in Snowdonia).

We were feeling it a bit when we bought them – hence deciding on cheaper ones. But we weren’t disappointed and have put them back on this year.

shanta
    Free Member

Thank for the advice. You got the best of both worlds up there too mtb and rd…nice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Budget winter tyres’ is closed to new replies.