• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Budget Winter Bibs for when it's Brr Brr cold, and wet
  • butcher

Currently using DHB Vaeon Roubaix through the winter, and for the most part they do the job. They’re pretty warm. Too warm for the current warm weather we’re having, even in the north.

However, they soak water up like a sponge once it starts raining. All well and good until the temps start dropping to 0C and below. I know plenty of people insist getting wet is inevitable. And during the summer and even autumn it can be afforded, but out in the hills, in the middle of nowhere, I find I can quickly shift from enjoying my ride, to wondering if I’m going to die!

My preference is not to die yet. So I’m wondering if there’s anything better out there. Something that will at least ward off the wetness, and the coldness for that little bit longer. I notice Wiggle/DHB do a windproof, supposedly more extreme version, but not unpadded, which is a shame. Anything else out there?

MoreCashThanDash

Lusso Repel or whatever they are called always get recommended. Just bought a pair of your dhb ones and now wondering if I did the right thing….

jamiep
    Free Member

Bought the Planet X 3/4 bib. And then bought another pair as I was impressed – only £22.50 and thick (but not with additional fleece, just thicker than standard lycra)

tinybits
    Free Member

Lusso Max repel. Very impressed so far. Come up quite long though, so hope you’ve got long legs compared to waist!

butcher

Just bought a pair of your dhb ones and now wondering if I did the right thing….

Like I say, they’re pretty good, to be fair. It’s mostly just the odd time the weather turns truly horrendous. Full days in sideways sleet, that kinda thing.

Lusso Max repel … Come up quite long though, so hope you’ve got long legs…

I have tiny legs.

karnali
    Free Member

Pearl izumi amfibs are good

scotroutes

Endura Stealth

jonnyrockymountain

Endura thermolite, warm with water repellant

iainc

I rate the DHB vaeon ones and wear either regular or waterproof shorts or 3/4s on top, problem solved 🙂

TiRed

Pearl izumi amfibs are good expensive

But…quality is remembered long after price is forgotten. On a cold wet day you’ll think they were worth it. I love mine.

mboy
    Free Member

Another vote for Lusso Max Repel.

Slightly long yes, but that’s better than them being too short! Do a wonderful job of keeping you warm and dry though short of monsoon conditions…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Budget Winter Bibs for when it's Brr Brr cold, and wet’ is closed to new replies.