Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Budget wheelset £150 quid budget
  • mazdarati

My crossrides have seen better days after approx 5k miles use. Freehub is jockered, spokes wonky, rims wobbly and gouged. Time for a new set. Any ideas? Cant afford to go to Hope hoops as missus is calving and just had to lash out a small fortune on both cars in past few months. Anyone know any deals going. Need to be quick release and pref no heavier than the Mavics which served me ok

johnnystorm

Superstar?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    RustyMac

Do you want new or used?

I have seen and bought second hand hope hoops for £150, I got mine with DT Swiss 5.1 rims and they have been excelent. If it is hope you want then you could get them second hand.

moonboy
    Free Member

Don’t know if this it too budget to be budget … but I have a set of wheels that I need to sell.

Came original fitment to my ghost AMR, Alex Rims 44s on XT hubs. Run fine, could probably do with some new ball bearings soonish but otherwise ok. Have XT centre lock brake discs on them 180/180.

£80 for the lot posted if that helps?

filks

Another set of crossrides – from Merlin?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I bought a second hand set of hope pro 2’s on mavic EN521s for £160 posted, I’d definitely go this route again. I cracked the hub of the pro 2 and hope had rebuild my rim onto a pro 2 evo hub in 3 days including the day i sent it and the day it returned. Cracking wheelset, cracking warranty.

continuity
    Free Member

Secondhand pro2 hoops. Flows or Arch or Arch EX or 521’s or something.

Proper, servicable, last you five or ten years hubs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Budget wheelset £150 quid budget’ is closed to new replies.