Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Budget summer sunshine – suggestions please…
  • the-muffin-man

Is there anything to be had for £500pp all-in (not food thoigh) during school holidays!?

Are Croatia and the like still cheap? Romania?

Open to any ideas, but definitely don’t want a ‘lively’ nightlife!

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m not sure Croatia is very cheap to get to during the school hols.

Lots of places in Spain are available during the summer holiday for around £500 per person. You can even get questionable all inclusive for those prices. Look for resorts that you reach from flying in to Barcelona or Palma.

sadexpunk

last few years we’ve been to zante self catering during summer for around £250pp. wifes always on the holiday sites and usually finds a bargain. ok we wouldnt go at school hols times, but id have thought if she finds em that cheap then theyd probably be around your budget at the busy times?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squin
    Free Member

We’ve just booked to go to the Ardeche in August, staying in a mobile home, with flights from Liverpool to Nimes. Flights with Ryan Air cost us £106 return each including hold baggage.

10 nights, including flights and car hire cost us £400pp, but could have been £300pp if we’d booked a ‘eurocamp style’ tent instead of mobile home, and had reduced the checked in baggage. There are 5 of us though so we decided that a little more space in accommodation would help with us not killing each other 😉

Holiday Village link

ampthill

You just get in your car and drive South through France, it just depends on whether you call that a holiday

I would have thought budget flights, Eurocamp and car hire could be done for £2000 I assume you mean for 4? Those Euro camp style holidays are great don’t right it off just because you don’t normally camp

squin
    Free Member

I agree ampthill, some of the sites are brilliant.

We were going to drive this year but it worked out only £100 more to fly and hire a car at the other end than it would have cost to drive (including fuel, eurotunnel and tolls). With 3 teenagers, the thought of 5 hours instead of 24hrs travelling is very appealing.

We have been lucky with flight cost.

mogrim

Open to any ideas, but definitely don’t want a ‘lively’ nightlife!

hammerite’s mentioned Spain – and don’t be put off by its reputation, there are plenty of quieter resorts. We spent a week in Platja d’Aro a couple of years ago with our kids, and the main strip was fine for sitting down and having a beer or ice cream while watching the world go by, no drunken yobs in sight. No idea what we paid, but a quick search on http://www.onthebeach.co.uk shows loads of options in your price range. (No idea if this is the cheapest hotel booking website, it was one of the first links I came across when searching for the town).

surfer
    Free Member

hammerite’s mentioned Spain – and don’t be put off by its reputation

Its quite a large country you know

mogrim

Its quite a large country you know

Yeah, funnily enough I do know that, what with living here and all. In fact just this summer I drove from Vigo to Madrid, then the next day to Torrevieja, pretty much in a diagonal line across it.

But some people seem to think the coast is all lobster-red Brits getting pissed and loud in the sun, Magaluf style. That stuff certainly exists but it’s very easy to avoid if you want to.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve just booked the may bank holiday week (so, yeah, not fully summer really) for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) in crete for 1600, all in (half board)…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Budget summer sunshine – suggestions please…’ is closed to new replies.