Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Budget isolating headphones.
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any recommendations? I probably use them about 4-5 times a year so don’t want to spend much, ~£50.

They are for flying and my current Sony ones are rather poor at keeping background noise out.

No noise cancelling ones, please.

somouk
    Free Member

If you don’t want noise cancelling then I’m guessing you are after some in ear ones to seal up pretty well.

I’d say go for some decent branded ones and pick the best earbuds to suit your ears, so as it gives the best seal.

johnners
    Free Member

Soundmagic E10 are decent and isolate well. I wouldn’t recommend them if you’re moving about because I find that the cable transmits sound a bit much if knocked. For sitting on an airplane they’d be fine though. Well within budget too.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Betron – cheap and effective on the plane.

I had Koss Plug before that – but the ear thingies went yucky

mikey74
    Free Member

No in ear ones, thanks. I hate the things.

somouk
    Free Member

No in ear ones, thanks. I hate the things.

You may be asking for a moon on a stick. Why no noise cancellation? It really makes a big difference with things like engine drone on an aircraft.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my isolators live at home – they are poor at flying ime.

even cheap noise cancelers (mines are sony) make a huge difference….it makes flying bearable.

mikey74
    Free Member

You may be asking for a moon on a stick. Why no noise cancellation? It really makes a big difference with things like engine drone on an aircraft.

I’ve got enough things to take that require charging/batteries (tablet, cameras, music player etc), without having to worry about the headphones as well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

noise canceling batteries are a once in a blue moon item for me.

i fly regularly – 2-3 times a year long haul to oz, over to the states-8-10 hrs a trip) , to west affica – 7-9 hrs each , the middle east etc.

Its certainly not something i make a concious habit of carrying so i have a spare – their life times measued in 10s of hours rather than hours.

mikey74
    Free Member

Fair enough. There is also the cost: If I can get a pair of reasonable NC ones for around the £50 mark then I’ll consider them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i only have the very basic mdr-zx110 na.

while the sound quality wont win any awards from hi fi magazine

when i get on a plane and the drone starts – i just flick the switch and that drone goes away and means i can have the volume on my media lower and i can sleep 😀

Euro
    Free Member

Noise chancelloring ones?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not in-ear but isolating ?

so are you after over the ear headphones ?

mikey74
    Free Member

so are you after over the ear headphones ?

Yes, hence the “headphones” part of the title :mrgreen:

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yes, hence the “headphones” part of the title

in which case why did you bother say “No in ear ones, thanks. I hate the things. ” if you thought headphones excluded that category of phones ?

mikey74
    Free Member

if you thought headphones excluded that category of phones ?

Because people were recommending in ear ones.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Koss phones generally sound good at a budget and they do over ears closed back ones.

Not sure on their build quality based on some I have had, although I haven’t had any closed back ones of theirs.

Check the reviews on Amazon, I would suggest.

Sodajim

Recomended and in budget

I purchased these for my son for use in the car, they fall within budget, got decent reviews and run off 1 AAA battery or as fairly decent standard headphones without power. The sound isolating feature definitely works.

nicko74

Euro – Member

Noise chancelloring ones?
    If you want budget isolating ones, you could just turn the TV/ radio off the next time the budget’s on.

Sorry, I have nothing useful to add

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Budget isolating headphones.’ is closed to new replies.