Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • budget hubs.
  • lovewookie

Looking at either novatec 711/712, or circus monkey disc hubs.

My xts have been somewhat disappointing so would rather sealed bearings.

Which would be better? Or anything else worth considering for around £100 the pair.

mboy
    Free Member

For £200 including tubeless rims, look at the Raleigh Pro-Build Chosen hubs on Alex Volar rims. Available from most bikeshops!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Superstar? Switch Ultra lite?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lovewookie

Ta will check out the Raleigh builds.

Superstar are novatec anyhow. 🙂

ben98
    Free Member

I’ve got Superstar Switch ultra light front and ultra rear (only ’cause they don’t do an ultralight), and they’re brilliant so far!

drovercycles
    Free Member

Yes, the new Raleigh Probuild / Alex Volar / Chosen wheels look excellent – we’ve just placed our stocking order and have already pre-sold a couple of sets.

Judging by the quality of their other wheels, they’ll be well-built and the components look excellent. Cracking value.

magowen100
    Free Member

Just to follow this up – has anyone had a hands on feel of the Chosen/volar cx wheels? They look like a bargain but I haven’t heard of Chosen hubs other than they make hubs for others.
    Cheers

Tracey

Have a look at DT Swiss on Ebay. There is a Polish shop on there that have been selling them for not a lot of money. We got some wheels from them last week and the service was first class as are the wheels

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘budget hubs.’ is closed to new replies.