Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Budget Handlebars
  • pottersmtber
    Free Member

Hi all,

Thinking of changing my bars to something with a bit more rise. My current Vitus bars only have 15mm rise and they look a bit odd when viewed from the side with alot of upsweep.

I’ve seen these Wake bars on Ebay:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Aluminum-Alloy-31-8-Clamp-30mm-Riser-740mm-Handlebar-PF/192287410640?hash=item2cc53909d0:g:kxEAAOSw9ENZnq2Q
    They are made from 6061 Alloy. Does anyone have any experience of this Brand and their parts? Or would it be best to avoid them and go for a more well known brand like these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/funn-full-on-riser-bar/rp-prod91525

Don’t really want to spend alot on something that is just a basic component.

smell_it
    Free Member

Got some funn full on’s in 810mm with 7mm rise, more like flats really. Previously had some785mm 15mm in blue. Suit me fine, not sure what I would gain from spending any more. But go for what fits you.

Kamakazie

Do you have any spacers above your stem?
    If so, could you rotate the bars so the upsweep is backsweep and raise the stem above the spacers?

jonnyboi

Sign up for bike bargains on Twitter, or go here. http://www.bikebargains.co.uk

Usually something will come up within a few days that you didn’t realise you needed! 😉

40mpg

Have a look at brand x bars on chainreacion. Only £16 but proper brand and backup. Choice of rise too.

rascal
    Free Member

I have some 760mm low rise black Whyte bars in VGC – 7 rides old if you’re interested 🙂

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Do you have any spacers above your stem?
    If so, could you rotate the bars so the upsweep is backsweep and raise the stem above the spacers?

No, I’ve already moved my stem above the spacers. Did think about using upsweep as backsweep but think it might look and feel a little odd.

Sign up for bike bargains on Twitter, or go here. http://www.bikebargains.co.uk

Usually something will come up within a few days that you didn’t realise you needed!

Thanks, I already check that site regularly.

Have a look at brand x bars on chainreacion. Only £16 but proper brand and backup. Choice of rise too.

I looked at these but although it states the upsweep is only 5degrees the pictures seem to show quite a pronounced diagonal sweep from the centre to the ends like my current Vitus ones which look a bit odd on the bike.

I have some 760mm low rise black Whyte bars in VGC – 7 rides old if you’re interested

Thanks but looking for medium rise 20-30mm. I think I might try those ebay ones for £10.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Hard Knuckleball bars were £34 yesterday at PX, Chewy version was more expensive.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Wanted ad in the classifieds got me a 30mm rise Renthal bar for £25 posted. I’d try there.

joebristol

I just got some el guapo saloon bars from on-one for £13.

35mm clamp / 780mm width / 20mm rise and I think 9 degrees backsweep.

If you need 31.8mm clamp they’re still £29.99 last time I looked.

nairnster
    Free Member

Confused. You are wanting some budget bars to replace the oem bars because they look a bit odd from the side?

Bars should be chosen based on comfort and control surely.

philjunior
    Free Member

I’d second what Nairnster says, but if you are going for new ones I tend not to trust unknown brands on ebay. Or known brands for that matter, given they could be fakes and non-snapping bars is my primary aim with these things (Saying that I’ve had bars from a well known quality brand snap after not that many miles on a road bike).

mehr
    Free Member

As said above just get a funn full on bar, you’re into a zero sum game when buying bars – Width(mm) 750/785/810 // Rise(mm) 15/30 // Backsweep (degrees) = 8 // Upsweep (degrees) = 5.5.

£22 from CRC

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Confused. You are wanting some budget bars to replace the oem bars because they look a bit odd from the side?

Bars should be chosen based on comfort and control surely.

As I said in my OP wanted something with more rise too, wasn’t just about the aesthetics.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Budget Handlebars’ is closed to new replies.