Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Budget forks
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Which is better a Suntour Epicon or a Rockshox xc32 solo air. Or am I better with a coil fork?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Budget?

I’ve been tempted by the marzocchi corsa RC SL’s on CRC for £270, seems to be just RS and Fox playing sillybuggers with the pricing, Marzocchi and Manitou are looking like bargains at the moment.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

£200 at the moment

I_Ache
    Free Member

Your probably better off buying some second hand Revs and getting them serviced.

z1ppy

save a bit more and get a decent fork, rather than wasting the cash on something poor. Or go 2nd hand..

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

May just save up and buy some Reba RL.

z1ppy

Indeedy… just another £40 (doing a quick search)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Trying to find so which are 9mm qr but none in stock. Do I need Air forks or will coils suffice? I have Tora Coilson my Vulcan and they are plush compared to the xcm suntours.

z1ppy

Coils are fine, they tend to be plusher but you need a coil specific to your weight (fine if your ‘normal’ but thinner or fatter ppl usually need a different coil from std) and tend to be heavier overall fork. Air forks tend to be lighter and can be matched to a rider weight by mean of more less pressure in the fork.

Just watch that there enough steerer for the new frame, before embarking on swapping them. Not a difficult job otherwise, assuming you don’t need a different brake adapter (not difficult just more expense)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I weight about 68kg so don’t know if that’s too light for coils.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Depending on the model I’d guess it’s just means you need a Normal spring [as opposed to a fork that’s got a Firm, or Soft spring fitted].

Most companies sold the same fork with different springs available as aftermarket options for Fattypuffs and Thinnifers

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Seen some Manitou R7 pro 100mm £199 at on one. These any cop? The claimed weight is on par with Reba rl 1500g they seem ideal.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dunno man. I always like Manitou for the damping, but I think their chassis development was behind the curve ’till very recently.

Check Bikeradar.com, MTBR.com etc etc

Maybe start a thread called “If I buy Manitou R7 pros, will I die?”

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I may just buy a epicon x2 can be had for £150. Light too at 1650g

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Budget forks’ is closed to new replies.