Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Budget for decent BMX?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

My eldest lad (13) is to say the least very fickle with his sports & whatever is his next fad, with this in mind he has taken out his BMX bike a few times of late it is a Haro, looks the part but weighs a ton though & seems to have an unfashinably large front ring…. SO… if I was to pander to his latest craze & started looking at Wethepeople BMX bikes in the lower price brackets of £2-300 how much of an improvment over the bike he has is it likely to be?

Edit, pic of current BMX. Great wrong forum… 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

Go look at the Custom Riders website, they are a great shop and run by good people (Mason)

tinsy
    Free Member

Thanks pigface, quite a few to choose from on there!!!

Damn fast them moderators, swapped to the right forum in a jiffy.. Thanks.

Tom83

Check out Source BMX, it’s just round the corner from me in Hastings, but they’ve got a cracking website.

tinsy
    Free Member

Ha ha they have a skatepark in the shop!!

Thanks lads, it looks like I can get something that does the trick without dropping a fortune.. Will let him ride what he has a bit see if its a another fad, then surprise him for his bithday if he is riding a lot.

chiefgrooveguru

What’s better about better BMXs? Do they just get lighter?

Tom83

My bmx weighs more than my Anthem! High end ones are a bit lighter, but they’ll be stronger, with sealed bearings etc and just better quality parts. Pretty similar to how MTB’s improve.

The Source bowl in the shop is pretty cool, got it booked for a few hours on Sunday! 🙂

kayak23

My nukeproof mega weighs 34 lbs. My Stolen Sinner bmx weighs 24. It cost 350 quid and has sealed bearings etc. Great bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Budget for decent BMX?’ is closed to new replies.