• This topic has 97 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Budget Day tomorrow
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the justification is for cutting disabled benefit? Do they just think less-abled people are faking it and should be trying harder to get a job? Or are they just hoping less-abled people will die of poverty earlier , thereby keeping tbe welfare budget diwn?

badnewz
    Free Member

The Indie has a list of all the Tory MPs who support the disability cuts (some of whom are patrons of disability charities).
    It would have been easier to list the ones who didn’t.

Next budget – tax breaks for euthanasia clinics.

badnewz
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the justification is for cutting disabled benefit?

I don’t think they can be bothered to even try to spin this one.

MSP

Do we need to tighten this definition?

No, but we could probably do with raising understanding of why people receive the benefit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, but we could probably do with raising understanding of why people receive the benefit.

Well, obviously, they’re mostly lazy workshy feckers swinging the lead – the benefit is for fags booze and cable/sky tv. If you can walk 20m unaided, then you’re good for a zero hours contract at your nearest Amazon warehouse for christ’s sake. We need strivers, not skivers.

footflaps

Or are they just hoping less-abled people will die of poverty earlier , thereby keeping tbe welfare budget diwn?

Basically this, plus they probably did a focus group and found they voted Labour, so thought **** em.

We need strivers, not skivers.

Do you have any evidence that most disabled people are skivers, or are you just libelling the disabled for kicks?

MSP

He was making a rather obvious sarcastic point, or gideon has hacked his logon (then again DD and gideon are never seen at the same coke and hooker orgies… makes you think!)

Northwind

edenvalleyboy – Member

Does anyone know what the justification is for cutting disabled benefit?

Apparently it’s fairer. They keep using that word…

peteimpreza

A true blue Tory budget .

Take money from the disabled to fund tax cuts for the rich .

Kryton57

I do find it amazing that between the two biggest social channels I’m exposed to – here and facebook – there is so much hate for the Tories yet that won by a clear majority in the last election.

Are peoples memories really so short that they forgot the mis-trust they had in the other parties that most likely lead to that majority?

DrJ

Are peoples memories really so short that they forgot the mis-trust they had in the other parties that most likely lead to that majority?

No – they remember the usual story of the media blaming Labour for the world economic crisis, personal attacks on the non-telegenic Gordon Brown, and the innate conservatism of the british voter, forever re-winning WW2, WC66, Downton Abbey.

wilburt
    Free Member

Demographics mostly, plus suggesting you care about the disabled is an easier admission than saying you don’t want to let anymore needy people into the country.

Kryton57

of the media

he innate conservatism

There you go. Its our own fault by being influence and not acting on the issue appropriately. So live with the outcomes and deal with it. I can’t – based on my own circumstances – imagine how people manage to live a peaceful life when they feel the need to write pages and pages on moaning an griping all day long.

Oh, wait…

RustySpanner

Eh?

DrJ

There you go. Its our own fault, live with the outcomes and deal with it. I can’t – based on my own circumstances – imagine how people manage to live a peaceful life when they feel the need to write pages and pages on moaning an griping all day long.

There you go – mustn’t grumble, stiff upper lip, I’m sure those Eton chaps know what’s best for us.

footflaps

I’m sure those Eton chaps know what’s best for us them and their mates.

FIFY 😉

It was no where near a majority of the electorate, they just did slightly better than Labour; which our perverse electoral scheme converts into a Parliamentary majority.

footflaps

Even their own are outraged, although he’s disabled so they probably only let him join to make up their quota of non able bodied Etonions.

It also emerged on Wednesday that the Conservative Disability Group posted a message saying its website was “temporarily closed owing to Disability Cuts and the resignation because of these of Webmaster Graeme Ellis”.
    George Osborne’s budget 2016 giveaways ‘mask £56bn black hole’
    Read more

Ellis said he was a lifelong Conservative supporter until Wednesday afternoon but the PIP cuts were the last straw. He said his message to Conservative MPs thinking about rebelling was: “Please do it, show that you care and you will end up saving lives.”

He told the Guardian: “I will never vote Conservative again and I’ve never voted for anyone else but today it has destroyed my faith in the party … My work is about advice and guidance on benefits and some of the phone calls I’ve had from some of my clients this afternoon after the budget have made me want to cry.

“It’s not been explained properly and vulnerable people are all thinking they are going to be affected immediately. I’ve had one person said he’s going to kill himself. My job is becoming more and more difficult because it’s soul destroying and not because of the clients. The proposed cuts in PIP and drop in taxation for those that are fortunate enough to be better off are just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/16/disability-benefit-cut-budget-sparks-tory-backbenchers-call-for-rethink

br
    Free Member

I do find it amazing that between the two biggest social channels I’m exposed to – here and facebook – there is so much hate for the Tories yet that won by a clear majority in the last election.

+1

But then I also believe that most folk haven’t a Scooby of what goes on, nor care (unless it impacts them personally).

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Budget Day tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.