Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • budget commute front light with good beam spread? side visibility? lezyne hecto?
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a budget commuting front light – pref £20-30, usb rechargeable?

Intended use is urban commute i.e. just letting vehicles know I’m there. So quite a wide beam spread would be good for safety. Maybe even sideways lighting if there’s something that fits the description?

It doesn’t have side lighting but does anyone know if the lezyne hecto has a good beam spread?

medoramas
    Free Member

Someone posted here recently: not just “be seen” light for low money 8)

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve been quite impressed with my Cateye Volt 300. Battery life seems decent, it’s robust, compact and charges via USB if that’s important to you. It’s got a pulsed flash mode which seems to provide good visibility and when on constant it’s bright enough to use on an unlit pot-holed B road.

I have no idea how that compares to the competition, I’m happy enough with it though.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cateye-volt-300-el-460-front-light/rp-prod123981

lemonysam
    Free Member

So quite a wide beam spread would be good for safety.

Beam spread and visibility are not necessarily the same thing.

I’m also very happy with my volt 300 though its side visibility isn’t great but that’s not an issue on my commute.

brassneck

Someone posted here recently: not just “be seen” light for low money

Bought one of those, pretty impressed for the money.

Also have a variety of SolarStorm, MagicShine far east lamps, but this one makes a better commuting lamp, covers me in town and out into the deep dark lanes.

nixie

If you want to be seen from the side cover your wheels with reflectors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘budget commute front light with good beam spread? side visibility? lezyne hecto?’ is closed to new replies.