Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bude..North Cornwall …. Any good cycling up there … Mtb Or Road
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

as Title were off to north cornwall , next week … staying in Bude….. Any good cycling up there … Mtb Or Road
    is it worth taking the bike/bikes ?

cheers

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

From experinece the roads will be full of lost holiday makers not looking where they are going and frustrated locals doing warp 9 down narrow country lanes in cars with no ABS and probably a wiff of an MOT so venture onto the roads at your own risk! However these chaps maybe able to help out with off road stuff.

Dept 26

They have a few video's on you tube. I think most of the trails are a little bit north of Bude but last time I was there I did notice a promising bit of forest a bit inland on the A3079.

There is loads of good walking in the area, get a good OS map and take a walk from Millook to Crackinton along the cliff path, there are a couple of steep paths down to rocky beaches "The Strangles" south of Crackington Haven is a good challenge. Other good beaches are Sandymouth (Nat trust parking so expensive if its only a short stay) and Duckpool which is free.

sofatester
    Free Member

Lots of cheeky trails north and south along the cliff tops.

Used to live in Bude, an early morning blast before the tourists got up and out never disappointed. Interesting after a lot of rain though!

promising bit of forest a bit inland on the A3079

Fire tracks and fences. There might be some singletrack now but I wouldn't count on it.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Can i ride the cliff top / coastal paths ?? is it legal or are they footpaths only ?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Not brill but some half-decent riding in the Coombe Valley just north of Bude.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

mikertroid – Member
    Not brill but some half-decent riding in the Coombe Valley just north of Bude

just looked at that , we are staying 2 miniutes away from coombe valley

Cheers

Bernaard
    Free Member

The coast path between Bude and Widemouth bay is bridleway.
    Did it every morning last year without issue.

Nice trail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bude..North Cornwall …. Any good cycling up there … Mtb Or Road’ is closed to new replies.