Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bucks Off Road Sportive
  • ononeorange

God that was hard! It is winter still down here. Epic mud and a 200mph headwind.

Anyone else on here do it?

sarpullido
    Free Member

Started unsure whether to go for the full loop or 70k or 100k. As it didn’t rain and the drivetrain kept working I did the full loop in under 7h 30min.
    Yes, very hard conditions and could have been worse.

ononeorange

Good man! I surrendered and did the 100. Longest ride of the year so far!

soobalias
    Free Member

having been out in the same area today, im seriously impressed with anyone doing 100k

the weather looked lovely…..

pete68
    Free Member

Was supposed to be doing the long loop. Couldn’t face it and did the 100. Still hard going. Well done to anyone who did the full distance. Found this harder to today than doing the 132 in previous years

adsh
    Free Member

Long loop in 7.45. Great event but hard this year. Some very slippy descents. Anyone got the total climbing figure?

localhero94
    Free Member

That was very tough. My climbing came out as 6463ft for the long route but obviously these figures vary by what’s used to record. This was on a Garmin 800.

adsh
    Free Member

Thanks my edge800 seems to be pissed when it comes to elevation – only 1300m.

sarpullido
    Free Member

My garmin 800 in strava 1878m or 6161 ft. In ridewithgps 1810m or 5938 ft

ononeorange

My Garmin 110 came in with just over 3,000 feet for the 100k. Anyone have a sensible figure for that loop, please?

rpallen
    Free Member

Ride with GPS has the ‘official’ gpx as 1626m for the 132k:
    http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2590595

I did the long one. Strava has it at 1949m:
    http://app.strava.com/activities/140012183

8hrs. Yowza.

slowjo
    Free Member

My Garmin showed 5:35 riding time for the 100. Not sure how that stacked up to anyone else but we weren’t passed by anyone and passed quite a few.

Fun ride. Haven’t seen mud like that for ages. Best advert for riding rigid that I can think of!

My mates gps showed 5:19 so it was one of the two.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bucks Off Road Sportive’ is closed to new replies.