Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bucknell to Hopton loop-gpx anyone?
  • kayak23

There was a route published in MBR one time showing a route which went from Bucknell to Hopton and back. I have the little paper map but just wondered if anyone might have a gpx knocking about for that route or a similar variation?

Cheers.

core

Bookmarking

kayak23

I thought not, so I realised you could make your own on gpsies…

I tried to make waypoints off the mbr map but it’s tricky without the level of detail of an os map.
    Looks a bit of a mess with so many waypoints but meh…

It’s here though if anyone is interested.

shortyj15

What is that route?

Does it take in parts of Hopton trails?

What are the trails like on the map?

kayak23

To be honest I’ve no idea yet.
    I know Bucknell and Hopton really well as I ride both often. However, I’ve never ridden from one to the other so I’m not sure where it takes you.

A bit of local knowledge and a bit of a clue about linking them together should be good though.

shortyj15

When you riding this?

I would be fairly keen on the outcome.

kayak23

In about 4 hours. Can’t sleep 😥

cakefest
    Free Member

Don’t know about the MBR route, but this is one way to go with a big climb on a lane then double track.

Screen shot 2017-02-18 at 05.50.01.png

Start at the green flag just west of Bucknell and end at the orange flag. The orange flag is between Hopton’s Mere Oak Run and Seed Orchard Climb.

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/1471_Hopton-woods-panel_final.pdf/$file/1471_Hopton-woods-panel_final.pdf

kayak23

Well, that was a hell of a slog with pretty much no redeeming features except for the stunning views. 🙄

Great to be out but it really did seem like it was 95% uphill and that the only downhill was on road or double track. Lots of squishy grass and slop.

The only exciting bit was hitting 48.1mph (according to my strava) down one section of road 😀

Tick! Won’t be doing that route again….

shortyj15

Ta thanks for letting me know

kayak23

I’m sure there are better routes but felt like a roadie much of the way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bucknell to Hopton loop-gpx anyone?’ is closed to new replies.