Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Buckled Wheels
  • islander

Just coming back from a XC ride and noticed back wheel was bit out of shape. Have only done two rides on and werent anything outrageously hard. They are new Hope SP hubs with Stans flow 29er rims. Worth phoning up shop or Hope and speak to them? Guess they could just say I must have abused them or these things happen. Spokes are all tight and front one also is out of line after checking. Not heard of it being a problem, have 26″ versions of same wheel and they have had a lot of abuse and still run true after 4 years.

glen815
    Free Member

If this is only the second ride it could be that they were not per-tensioned after the tensioning and trying. Give Hope a call and see what they have to say, after all the are all mountain wheels and you are riding XC.

glen815
    Free Member

Truing even. Auto correct grrrrrrrrrrrr

islander

Will give Hope a call, always been very good to deal with before.

glen815
    Free Member

I’m interested in what they have to say as I’m just about to buy the same wheels but with standard j pull spokes.

islander

Will let you know.

glen815
    Free Member

Cheers mate.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Used to have some hope sp with crest in 29
    After a few rides they did need a little attention but
    After that they behaved.
    Now my boss has them and still just fine even with him being a touch on the heavy side

islander

Contacted Hope who said send them down and they will tweak them. Can’t fault the back up from Hope.

geetee1972
    Free Member

That’s a pain in the ass; you have to send them back to Hope just to have them tightened up?

islander

Live on Island with no access to bike shops so easiest to send back. Pain I agree.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wow, where do you live? Must be idyllic!

islander

Idyllic at times have to say. Isle of Mull.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like typical hope hoops to me ..,…..

used to get them back all the time for things like this …. my own were the same.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Isle of Mull.

I’m very jealous.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

Geetee- you wouldnt have been jealous of islander if youd seen it today, the weather up here was proper nasty. Unless we got it a lot worse on Islay than you had it in Mull, but I doubt it! Any good riding to be had in Mull, or is it as uninteresting as it is here?

islander

Mull not doing to well on weather front lately but looking up for saturday. We do all right for riding over here, takes wee bit of finding though.
    Had heard Islay bit sparse for off road stuff from couple of sources. Thought it might have been quite good given the terrain.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Probably cheaper to buy the wheel pro book and sort them out yourself IMO.

They will only need the spokes tightening and truing, which you can do in the bike.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Buckled Wheels’ is closed to new replies.