Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Buckholt woods Racetrack- new routes?
  • DarrenH

Hello all you cranham/buckholt wood riders.
    Went up for my first ride in about 9 days earlier today.
    Coming down racetrack, about three quarters of the way down,
    There's a new right hand turn leading to a section of very nice downhill trail I've never seen before.
    There's also a little alternative section on the left too.
    Any ideas who's been busy in the last week?
    because these trails weren't there the last time I was up.
    Very good though I must say. 😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Is this not the start of the old downhill run?

You start by going of the big drop with a large tree on with lots of roots and then after the drop branch left where the trees have been felled. It then goes towards the road then switches back, over the main path to the section that looks new (very peaty and not bedded in) this then flow all the way down to a stone track.

Take a right you hit the Cotswold way, as you hit that there is a jump on the left hand side on the corner of the cross roads.

Go over that then you hit a jump over a wall and then the fun begins with a huge fast burmy run. Then it just ends and you have to walk up the track you just came down.

That one?

DarrenH

Could be Dan, it's a long sweeping burm corner straight off of the racetrack on the right.
    Maybe this is the start of the dead end run.
    It's before the short section on the right which ends with the drop off onto the gravel track (then over the wall)
    I reckon that both tracks come out at the cotswold way bridleway.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, may be new but cant say I have ever seen anything apart from the one described. Does it start before the tree drop off just after the large bomb holes (there is a jump in there)?

DarrenH

Yeah, on the right,
    Could do with a map!
    Or an organised local stw forum ride? 😆

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah, thats the run I am thinking of. Not beaded in and rather loose top soil.

Goz
    Free Member

and it ends way down near the pheasant pens..

DarrenH

Must be the one, funny I've never noticed it before.
    I must be going too fast 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi you are both right on the same track.The track of the racetrack has been their for six months.But what they first did was send you down a much steeper slope which you can still see with a nasty bump at the bottom hairy in the wet.So a few months ago they went bit further along on the level then went down the new slope and built the new bit after.I often think about the left bit to late and just go right at the berm.Going to be YUK IN THEIR NOW Hay Hoo.

DarrenH

Who are these mystical trail builders?
    Please own up!

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

Beware men with shotguns come shooting season…. I was warned some time back by a gamekeeping type.

STS

Goz
    Free Member

Been out this morning, bit different to a couple of weeks ago….had a bit of difficulty following the trails due to the amount of leaves.
    Also spent some time clearing the trails of branches, some placed by nature, others by humans.
    Did all the usual stuff, all running well and not to much mud.

DarrenH

Hoping to get up there a couple of times this week, only managed one ride last monday.
    That was a bit sketchy to say the least due to the amount of wet leaves and (very) slippy hidden roots.
    Great fun though! 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I've heard about this but not had the chance to get out there and try it out. As someone above said I understand its a new entrance so that's probably why you've noticed – I've done the same too and wondered where that goes!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

The rain over the last 24 hours has added to the fun.

Was up there yesterday evening and it was heavy going. There are lots of branches scattered everywhere mainly after the windy Sunday.

The leaves make you concentrate more but just take care as they cover some of the rocky sections.

DarrenH

sun forecast for tomorrow 'they' say. Time for a ride up i think. . .

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Still going to be mega wet. Had rain today but you will have fun.

Goz
    Free Member

Any ideas what the building on the second shrine run is?….have ridden over it many times without realising it was even there, thought it was just a tump with trees on it.

DarrenH

Is that the small brick building Goz?

Dancake
    Free Member

Popping out tonight if weather is good..about 8.00pm before work. Starting at Royal W if anyone wants to tag along

Goz
    Free Member

Suppose it is brick, its got a curved roof and the door has been removed from its hinges, inside its full of water.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Goz, could be a bomb shelter but have not seen one mentioned in the archives.
    Dancake, I will be out at 6 ish so may pass you at some point up there.

Goz
    Free Member

That was my thought,enjoy your ride…

DarrenH

Didn't get out this morning, had to wait in for the gas man to turn up! 😡
    Role on saturday!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Ditto, late in from work and have not had a night off sport for 5 days so watching it instead.

Goz
    Free Member

Will be around on mon am, weather permitting!

DarrenH

Ok Guys,
    Role call! ha ha.
    Who's up tomorrow morning so I know who to wave to?

Dancake
    Free Member

Not me unless I can buy a few hours 🙁

Wednesday Night was ok, if not a little on the sloppy side. mud can be a different kind of fun though! Almost went over the bars at the bottom of the racetrack bombhole though; front wheel kind of dug in and stopped!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Buckholt woods Racetrack- new routes?’ is closed to new replies.