Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Bucketing down, damnit. What are you doing today?
  • Northwind

Having a seriously lazy day, legs are feeling it a little bit after racing (albeit badly) yesterday. Nice afternoon of bike tinkering, putting the new rocker in the hemlock, shuffling wheels around and suchlike.

bedmaker

left ‘my’ bothy at 4am

P1000301 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr
    1.5 hrs later it looked like this
    P1000334 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr
    the sky was pretty
    P1000314 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr
    The lowe alpine mountain marathon nutters were in town
    P1000387 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr
    there was hunners of them
    P1000349 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr
    I gazed at these clouds a long time
    P1000388 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr

back at the bothy for 9am, bike back down the glen and home for 11am. Thats how to sneak in a nice hillwalk when time is scarce 🙂

antpiper
    Free Member

Bit late commenting – left at 06.45 to try out 26 x 1.35 cross tyres (bought off here) in slimy mud and rain. Worked brilliantly – cut through mud and ran quick on road sections. Sticking with them for the Summer unless it gets really dry and hard.

beej

202km in the wind and rain on the road bike… not pleasant, but a bit of brutality is character building.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Glorious morning in the lakes today.In the saddle at 6:30 am to do 4 passes in one day.(garburn,gatesgarth,nan bield and then back over garburn)Took 6 hours to do 21 miles and 5500 ft of climbing.Got back to the car and it started raining – perfect timing 😀

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Pearce Round 3 @ Hopton. 9 hours of rain and mud. Stayed for both race runs unlike about a third of the field. Extra man points.

Not sure if I’ve ever been colder, wetter or muddier riding my bike!

Still awesome mind 🙂

nicky
    Free Member

I was at Gold Hill Shaftesbury for the Cyle Revival uphill challenge.
    Great day and turn out despite the nasty weather.
    The hill where they did the Hovis bread advert. 😀

nicky
    Free Member

Nice pictures. The weather looks very nice?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Bucketing down, damnit. What are you doing today?’ is closed to new replies.