Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Bucketing down, damnit. What are you doing today?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just bought one of these to tidy up the study and not sit drumming the fingers whilst waiting for the sad old Dell PC with 512mb of RAM to wake up.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/16586657/Lenovo-C200-Intel-Atom-D510-1-6GHz-2GB-320GB-DVD-SM-18-5-inch-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Desktop-All-in-One-PC/Product.html

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ride cancelled due to the rain, which is now coming down sideways 🙁
    No idea what to do now…

Haze

Started pissing down moments after I’d finished my porridge and filled my bottle.

Watching yesterdays Tour De Suisse highlights, MotoGP followed by the final Dauphine stage later…

fadda

Swimming with Mrs fadda and junior today, after getting rained and hailed on at Cwmcarn yesterday

timber

Prolonged wet spell today will probably be the kick up the arse to try and recover the desktops corrupted hard drive. This will be dull, my tools of choice are usually large and heavy.

In fact, it’s so appealing I may actually still go out on the bike.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Trip up to Bristol in a minute, picking a mate up on the way:

Go Outdoors
    Bespoke Bicycle Show at The Paintworks
    Lunch somewhere nice
    Range (St Philip’s Marsh)

If it dries up later, I might wash my bike – filthy from yesterday.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

do people melt when it rains?

phiiiiil

The Cosford Air Show is today… it’s going to be a soggy one! 🙁

Why couldn’t this ‘ere drought have lasted just one more blummin’ day?!

sturmey
    Free Member

Sunny here in leeds. 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

I was going to ride… but… maybe not 😳

chvck
    Free Member

Going to spec out a bike and the replacement bits for my current one (can’t afford ANY of it yet, hence just speccing it all up!). Might also start prepping my machine for formatting at the end of the week, fed up of ubuntu telling me that I only have 500mb remaining on 2 of my drives!

fadda

Chunky – everyone knows how dangerous rain is. It can kill you, you know. Best stay out of it and eat cake…

emma82
    Free Member

I’m manning a bouncy castle at a family fun day 🙁

Is the Kington rough ride today so thatll be fun for everyone , blummin rain

wrightyson
    Free Member

Still hanging on here, meeting the olds up at the reservoir with the mrs and junior no2, all going for a spin, not seen my mum on a bike since????

5thElefant
    Free Member

Best stay out of it and eat cake…

Good idea. I’m doing that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Heading up to Laggan soon…

chvck
    Free Member

Oh, i forgot – I’ll also be watching the Leogang World Cup!

nuke

So wish I’d gone out yesterday now but the weather reports yesterday afternoon said that it was just going to be cloudy today. Now there are saying its going to pee down all day 🙁

I’ll still go out but I’m digging out the mudguards and all weather gear to trudge around the Surrey Hills.

northshoreniall

Sleeping, yet another weekend of nights saving lives/ drinking tea 😥

NZCol

Winter seems to have passed NZ by so far , has been somewhat moist but quite warm. Beautiful day today -2hr paddle, 3hrMTB and then an orienteering race. All in warm sun albeit a bit nippy in the valleys. Relaxing with a few reds and the fire cranking while assessing the laydeez in the netball !

Burls72
    Free Member

Drink

john_drummer
    Free Member

sunny here too. but I’m only 10 miles west of Leeds

iBaa
    Free Member

Relax and watch the free MBUK DVD then out for lunch with friends.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Just did a 90 minute Road Race in Southerly gusting to force 6 with sideways rain. Now relaxing with a lovely cup of Big Maggy’s soon to be followed by an hour on the PS3 until the wife comes home with the kids..then off to the inlaws for lunch and my folks for dinner.

Was going to a Classic Car Show but they called it off. Jessies.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Unpacking last box after house move. A bit of work then riding, I like the rain.

humanbean
    Free Member

just back from a ride up the malverns and now a fried double egg sandwich mmmmmm

Coyote
    Free Member

Supposed to be doing a barbeque for niece’s 16th Birthday.

Will also be watching Leogang World Cup.

Doug
    Free Member

Fitting a WetScream and going for a loamy run or two before watching Rnd 3.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Celebrating Pentecost.

ps44
    Free Member

We were going to do the Rough Ride. Er no thanks.
    It’ll be ride or swim later depending on the weather state.
    Meanwhile, work (=cash 🙂 )

Sue_W
    Free Member

Just been for a wet run over the hills with the dog, hoped it would be enough to tire both of us out, but I don’t think it’s worked!

About to make some fresh coffee and contemplate whether to sign up to one of those dating website things – wet Sundays surely being one of the reasons to have an OH 🙂 any recommendations for one’s where people’s idea of being active extends beyond ‘country walks’ ???

amt27
    Free Member

raining in the FoD, stripping bike down and ordering last minute bits and bobs for Mayhem, trying to recover from my suspected cracked rib from Bikefest,

_tom_
    Free Member

Still in bed at the minute 😆 Weather looks crap everywhere – can anyone confirm whether it’s alright at Woburn or is met office right in saying rain all day? Was gonna go down in the afternoon but don’t fancy sandy grinding paste all in my bike.

sor
    Free Member

Weather is quite lovely in Glasgow at the moment. Have got the shopping and haircut out the way, so now about to pop off for a wee run then after lunch a saunterly road bike ride.

(This is my first week allowed back exercising since March, so suspect I would have been doing these with a jolly big smile whatever the weather is/was.)

Raindog
    Free Member

Off to have a look at Zestys in Wrexham, Sainsburys, pick up a bike box to strip and pack my sold Meta, watch the GP, go for a pint in the Rose & Crown, maybe an episode of Wallander, then bed. A full day.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Working …but weather here is nice (Ayrshire)sun was even out earlier
    although bit wet on my commute from work yesterday afternoon,
    some house painting when i get home then a blast on the MTB tonight
    only riding with a front brake just now until replacement rear arrives next week…. this should be entertaining

postierich
    Free Member

Still nice and sunny here in Kendal, rode most of yesterday so going to clean the camper then looking at a couple of houses.

jools182
    Free Member

Spent all day yesterday cleaning the computer room and dining room and food shopping, nice sunny day

Today got nowt to do and its raining

It’s all wrong!

deluded
    Free Member

Today I will be bimbling around the house with no clear purpose, making cups of coffee, watching a bit of TV, maybe do some reading (‘Revelation Space’ – Alastair Reynolds & Christopher Hitchens archived ‘Slate’ articles) and just generally loafing. I’ll also be diving in & out of STW amusing myself at the expanse of peoples ego’s and ill-informedness (that last word doesn’t exist).

onewheelgood

Been riding in the rain – practice for Mayhem as the forecast is for it to be like this all next weekend. Oh joy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Bucketing down, damnit. What are you doing today?’ is closed to new replies.