Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bubion, Spain
  • villageidiot
    Free Member

A group of us are heading off to Bubion for a bit of biking and have some questions. Is guiding necessary? does anybody have any trail tips ? which maps are best for this area? (already have the Bikefax book) any other advice for 1st time visitors?

Mackem

This shop is good for maps…
    http://www.latiendaverde.com/

The tourist office should have a free guide (in English) about mountain biking in Andalucia.

Maps in spain can be pretty unreliable though, tracks that are on the map disappear, intersting looking tracks arent on them. If you are happy to accept that you may get slightly lost and waste time looking for a lost track than go for it, personally for a 1st visit i´d use a guide.

Sorry, dont know anything specific to Bubion.

richc
    Free Member

switchbacks in based in Bubion, so if you want to get the best out of the area its not a bad idea to call them. When I went out there a lot of the rides were point to point rather than loops as well. So unless you like a lot of road it might not be ideal.

might be worth seeing if they would give you a few days guiding, without the accommodation.

SigmaF
    Free Member

A surprising number of trails are market out in that area….and the mappage is quite reasonable really….

But, as richc pointed out, many of the good rides are p2p….some of the longer descents specifically……you could easily waste a day just road climbing to the top of some of the rides above the national pk….

My advice would be to drop Marko a line at Ciclo Montana….those guys are super accommodating and will hook you up with some quality day guiding/shuttles no problems (if they have room!) for very a reasonable cost….

It’s certainly an area where local knowledge is worth the investment!!

villageidiot
    Free Member

Do you have contact details for Marko ?

giantjason
    Free Member

marko is here at Ciclo Montana

Mike_T

Dont tell anyone i gave you this……top secret…..enjoy

Bubion routes

Mike_T
    Mike_T

roper
    Free Member

Oh the suspense!!!

Is there any chance you could email them? I would like to have a look around there later in the year.

Mike_T
    roper
    Free Member

That’s the one!!

Extremely helpful.
    If we cross singletrack I will have to buy you sandwich and a tubo.

Cheers

roper

Mike_T

Oooooo, dont even talk to them, they were very protective of their routes…..

Some of the stuff was van assisted but you get the jist, there’s a couple from you can ride straight out of the village, 6inches only is awesome.

To be honest if you’ve already got accom sorted, I’d get the SBacks guys to guide, it’ll be worth it just for the van assist alone…enjoy…we did

villageidiot
    Free Member

Great , cheers for all the info.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bubion, Spain’ is closed to new replies.