Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • B'twin Triban 540 any good?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Currently have a Genesis Cdf but not currently using it off Road and considering a more Road based bike that’s lighter for getting fitness up. It runs 105 drivetrain so great to transfer over to a nice steel frame down the line, at £650 seems a good deal?
    Any reviews or opinions appreciated.

lunge

Road.cc seem to think so, it looks very good value in store, a good buy I’d suggest.

geuben
    Free Member

I had the non drop version for 2 years as my London commuter. I paid £250 for an as new 2nd hand one. It served me well without fault, however for that price it would have had to have been terrible for me to have cared much.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers I think I’ll head down to local store to get a look and check sizing

benmullard
    Free Member

I have the previous generation one, been very solid and reliable. Currently set up with mudguards as my ‘winter’ bike. The wheels are Mavic Aksiums which have also been solid – as good as you get on many more expensive frames. If I was looking now I’d be tempted by their new carbon framed model which has (I think) new Tiagra and looks v nice

tomd
    Free Member

Wife has had the 520 for a couple of years and it’s excellent. I’ve been tempted by the 540.

The geometry is relatively leisurely which is either a plus or minus.

RustySpanner

Really fancy the 520 as it comes with trad (but heavy) wheels and a nine speed Sora triple.

They look pretty nice in the flesh.

This year’s have full rack and guard mounts too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘B'twin Triban 540 any good?’ is closed to new replies.