Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Btwin triban 3 or 5 buying second hand sizing help please.
  • renton
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a used example of the above to commute on but having read a few threads on the net I’m unsure of the sizing and its proving hard to find one locally to swing a leg over.

If you own one can you give me your opinions on it and tell me what to look out for.

More importantly how tall are you and what size do you ride.

Thinking I should be on a 60 or 63.

Cheers

Steve

lunge

Not me but my dad, rides a 63cm, he’s 6’4″ with a 35″ inside leg.

Simon

I’m 5’9″ and I ride a 54cm Triban 3, the red one with a carbon fork.

renton
    Free Member

I’m just over 6 foot with longer torso.

I will be honest having never had a road bike before I don’t know how they should fit ??

Wally

Renton, for the love of God go to a decathlon store and sit on a few. Buying second hand and then posting on here 2 foot of post or 10cm and a 60cm stem might cause a groundhog day.

PS 5’11” and a 57 Triban owner with a 90cm stem, the 120 was way too long.
    60 would be best guess.

renton
    Free Member

My nearest decathlon store is just short of 200miles or 4 hours away.

There aren’t many road bikes for sale in my area.

kilo

6’1 1/2″ and on a 63 with a shorter stem and not an extreme set up

a 63 seems to equate to other brands 58cm bikes, i reckon you’re on the cusp of the 63 being too big. great bikes for the money though

simmy
    Free Member

Same as Simon, I’m 5’9″ and ride a 54″ red Triban 3

takisawa2

Same as Simmy & Simon… 🙂
    5’9″ on a 54cm red 3.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

5ft 10″ and had a 57cm Triban 5

renton
    Free Member

Cheers fir the replies fellas.

Any other bikes I should be looking at for around the same money as one of these go for so £150-200

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I had a 57 at 6 ft 1 and was fine

Furious

57 here and 6’1″ – tried the next size up but definitely too big for me

ads678

5’9″ 57 triban 5. Fits lovely, but I have nothing to compare it to as I’ve never had another road bike. But I do think smaller would be too small for me.

Wally

Well I spotted some moderation. Well done Mods. the right size is still 60…

renton
    Free Member

Cheers all. I will hunt down a 60 then.

Am I right in thinking the red version has carbon forks ?

ads678

They all have carbon forks apart from the white triban 3 I think. My 5 does any way.

Wally

Yes, red version has carbon forks and £300 new. Many SH sellers try you for close to that.

chrism110
    Free Member

im 6ft 2 and ride a red version that has carbon forks & size 60cm feels fine to me

renton
    Free Member

Are you still looking at selling yours chrism110 ??

If not would you mind measuring the seat tube length from middle of bottom bracket to the top of seat tube please.

There is a chap on eBay selling a frame and forks but he isn’t sure on size.

superstu
    Free Member

Reading the above useful replies there’s quite a difference in height for people using the same size frame. Someone 6.1 using a 57 an someone 5.9 using the same size frame. I’m sure it fits both but does demonstrate that you need to sit on one to get a better feel and understanding of whether it is right. Road bikes not as easy to moderate to fit as a mountain bike if you have the wrong size.

I know you say you don’t have anything for sale locally but I’d wait until something comes up rather than buying blind.

These bikes are nice but IMHO a lot of road bikes are fairly generic so if be less brand specific and just focus on a test ride to get the right size

renton
    Free Member

What else is there to look at for around £150-200.

Evening bump for chrism110

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Btwin triban 3 or 5 buying second hand sizing help please.’ is closed to new replies.