Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • B'Twin AEROFIT 900 cycling base layer
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Looking for a long sleeve base layer to wear as a second base with jacket over the top in winter

High intensity, sweat a lot

Have seen the B’Twin offerings from Decathlon (£21). This ‘900’ one reckons is good for this

Any feedback welcome, or somewhere else I should be looking

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I bought an Outwet long sleeve Dryarn base layer from GrahamWeigh when I was looking. The version without a zip. Very pleased. Think it was £30

snownrock

I’ve recently got 2 of the 700 LS. At half the price of the 900 i’m very happy with them. Good tight (very) fit and have kept me nice and warm everyday for the last two weeks.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I have the one with the windproof chest panel. Can’t recommend it highly enough. The windproof panel means it works well in spring/autumn but isn’t too sweaty if you want to put it under a proper winter jacket.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks guys, I’m going to go for 900 with windproof chest panel 🙂 🙂 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve been using one of the mesh cap sleeved ones this winter for cx & xc racing, proper good and very good at wicking

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one to try

Cheers everyone

prawny

I’ve just started using one of the £10 ones I bought a bit ago, I’ve had a short sleeve one or years and it’s great.
    The long sleeve one is a bit of a wrestle to get on but it’s comfortable and does the job great for the money, might get another, but I prefer short sleeves and arm warmers 90% of the time (for commuting anyway)

bonesetter
    Free Member

Well, mt ‘large’ long sleeved arrived yesterday – total disaster as I can’t even get it on – £25!

So, went down Go Outdoors and picked up 2 for £6 each – a Hi-Gear and a dare to be – both just I was after

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hmm, decathlon fit is sometimes a bit wierd. It’s as if their model tops out at 5ft10 and just gets tubbier. Im commuting in a pair of their cheapest roubaix bibs at the moment, XL and they’re still giving me* slightly sore shoulders.

When it comes to winter baselayers, avoid lycra, its designed to cool you down by clinging sweaty fabric to your skin. What you want is polypropylene (same stuff that fleace is made from) which repells water so your skin breathes but the fabric isn’t wet. The downside is its not an easy material to make elastic, so fit can be a bit more critical.

*6ft, 100kg

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hmm, decathlon fit is sometimes a bit wierd. It’s as if their model tops out at 5ft10 and just gets tubbier. Im commuting in a pair of their cheapest roubaix bibs at the moment, XL and they’re still giving me* slightly sore shoulders.

When it comes to winter baselayers, avoid lycra, its designed to cool you down by clinging sweaty fabric to your skin. What you want is polypropylene (same stuff that fleace is made from) which repells water so your skin breathes but the fabric isn’t wet. The downside is its not an easy material to make elastic, so fit can be a bit more critical.

*6ft, 100kg

bonesetter
    Free Member

Sore shoulders only? 🙄

Over the past few really cold night rides I’ve used 2 base polyester bases (Jacket and then gilet over the top) which has kept me dry and I can feel warm (and dry) layers of air between the layers – sweet

I was using 100% merino but once wet, you’re staying wet (probably cold as well)

Have just got some Ground Effect 3/4 tights which are brilliant – ~30% merino and the best placed chamois I’ve used

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘B'Twin AEROFIT 900 cycling base layer’ is closed to new replies.