Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BT Vision users… (Moving from sky)
  • valleyman
    Free Member

Evening all…

We are currently paying £43 for sky, includes standard unlimited broadband (getting about 3-4meg), unlimited evening weekend calls, line rental.

Just been on BT site and for virtually the same money we can get what seems to be all of the above+ fibre broadband up to 40meg and BT Sport!

Has anyone moved or can you let me know what you think of your BT Vision setup.

It is a bit confusing with regards what channels you get…. Hard to compare.

Do you get Sky1 on BT Vision.

Am I correct in saying with BT Vision you get the fancy ‘you view’ recordable box which has free view as standard but then you get all the other fancy channels over the broadband?

What about films, I guess it’s not free and it’s like sky’s box office?

With regards the BT Sport it just seems to be a load of premier league exclusives (I’m more into rugby), all the Aviva premiership rugby matches and ESPN?

Cheers for any help.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Also interested in this, had a look at Talk Talk looked alright then looked at user reviews, oh dear!

valleyman
    Free Member

God it is confusing, have a read at ‘bt vision’ reviews on google… It seems it is a bit of a catch for one you can’t watch any BT vision stuff on ipad etc and the extra channel options is £12.50 and they still charge you for films, you could get Netflix cheaper!

Thing is the Aviva rugby and fibre would have been good…..

Drac

If you have fibre enable exchange then you may be able to get Sky Fibre.

valleyman
    Free Member

Verdict
    BT has drastically improved both the technical capabilities and content level of its BT Vision since we last looked at it. In performance terms, in particular, it’s now one of the best video streaming platforms around.

However, it looks expensive and limited with its playback options versus Netflix and Lovefilm, And ultimately we can’t help but wonder if the whole BT Vision business model of ‘get broadband from us before you can get at our video servers’ is really sustainable in today’s world where so many cheaper, less restrictive online video services are available elsewhere. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see what next year brings

valleyman
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    If you have fibre enable exchange then you may be able to get Sky Fibre.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Good shout, need to check. Cheers.

BoardinBob

Switched to BT vision from sky about 6 months ago. Saved about £70 a month and we’ve got the full BT vision package with all the sports stuff. Don’t miss sky at all. Content wise the BT vision stuff is more than enough. On demand stuff is very good and the box office stuff is excellent. Only gripe would be the box/ software. Not as slick as the sky box and does freeze although that’s rare. No regrets about switching

valleyman
    Free Member

£20 extra for unlimited fibre!

valleyman
    Free Member

Boardinbob any obvious channels you now don’t have after moving?

geoffj

If you can’t get infinity, make sure your freeview reception is good enough – ours isn’t, so we’ll be getting the bottom sky package to get the BT vision stuff.

robdixon
    Free Member

I moved to BT from Virgin and Sky before that.

The Youview box is pretty good – as good as the Tivo or sky plus box.

There’s an app to set recordings remotely on Youview and it has the usual “on demand” apps including a box office film thing that’s 1p cheaper per film than iTunes.

If you go with BT broadband you can get a BT Wifi app which for me has proven to be pretty handy to the point I use wifi more than 3g on my mobile these days and am probably saving a good £150 on my phone contract as a result. You can also get a BT smart talk app for mobiles and make calls out of your inclusive BT bundle on your mobile anywhere there’s Wifi – this is pretty handy for making 0800 / 0870 / 0345 calls from a mobile without being scalped for 45p a minute from the unscrupulous mobile networks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BT Vision users… (Moving from sky)’ is closed to new replies.