• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BT Vision problems…
  • LMT
    Free Member

A family member has BT Vision, had some sort of powercut yesterday since then the TV doesn't work at all. So i popped round this morning had a play with it, and still nothing. The Homehub works fine, i can surf the net from it no problems. It seems to be the plug in ethernet adaptors, the one has a bright red light and green wifi light on so all good, the other has a dull red light and just doesn't want to change.

Ive tried turning it on and off again, tried to do the reset as per the website instructions but still dull red light, ive tried swapping them over, unplugged and changed cables still dull red light.

Any idea's?? i have called BT and they will send an engineer out on wednesday but would prefer to fix it if i can before they come round. I get the feeling the one plug in is ****!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sounds like the adapter has had it, could you try hard wiring the vision box into the home hub with an ethernet cable
    At least that would prove it one way or another

spooky_b329

Yeh try the ethernet. For vision I think you need to use the supplied lead with the metal ends.

I'd have expected them just to send out some new adaptors rather than an engineer.

carbon337
    Free Member

Call them, i had loads of probs with my old ones. Engineer turned up with 14 sets of old ones and managed to get a working pair. They have loads of problems with them. Just ignore them when they say you may be charged etc i wasnt and the engineer was pretty sound

LMT
    Free Member

The hub is too far from the tele to check the ethernet connection and no cable long enough, just wait and see what the engineer sayes, but it does look like the plug has had it. TBF its lasted 2 years so could be worse.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BT Vision problems…’ is closed to new replies.