Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BT TV packages
  • jfletch
    Free Member

Looking at moving away from Sky but I still want to subscribe to Sky Sports and Eurosport.

But when I put the postcode of the house we are buying into the BT site to get a price it says “Unfortunately Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 and extra TV channels are currently not available at your property”.

Why is this? What needs to be true to be able to subscribe to these channels via BT?

And given that there is no Virgin cable in the area what are our options? Is there anyway to get Sky Sports on my TV other than via a Sky TV subscription (which costs the earth even before you chose to add Sports).

Edit: I’m even more confused as when I looked with my current address I can get Sky Sports via BT. The new addess is less than 1 mile away as the crow flies? Weird

jfletch
    Free Member

Ehh?

That tells me how to get BT sport.

I want to know how to get Sky Sports via a BT TV package. It gives me the option at my current address but not at my new. The BT website doesn’t have a FAQ page or any option to search as far as I can see.

rewski
    Free Member

Sky Sports are only available multicast via BT Infinity now, they used to be available via freeview encrytion card.

more info here

Miffy
    Free Member

To be able to get the BT sports package you need to be able to get BT Infinity.
    We live out in the country side so our broadband supply / exchange is still low, very very low, so we can’t get it infinity so no “free” BT sports. (I don’t think Eurosport is part of BT sports anyway????)

Same with any other “cheap” broad band offer.

Miffy
    Free Member

When we get sales calls asking if we want to change our broad band supplier its fun to lead them on and be interested and wait for the crestfallen voice to confirm that the BT exchange is so pants nothing apart from very slow BT or silly money for Sky is available.

rewski
    Free Member

BT Sport is available to any broadband customer via the web app, to watch on TV you need a TV package, to watch British Eurosport or Sky Sports you need BT Infinity because the channels are multicast eg streamed over the fibre network.

jfletch
    Free Member

Sky Sports are only available multicast via BT Infinity now, they used to be available via freeview encrytion card.

more info here

Ah – Makes sense – Just noticed that even though I’d ticked the BT infintity option it had not been selected becuase its not available at the new address until “July 13 – August 13”.

Better just wait then.

Anyone else have any other good solutions to avoid the Sky TV subscrition though? I also assume I won’t get Sky sports in HD or Sky Sports 3 & 4 unless I go with Sky for the lot. Which is **** expensive with an extra £15 a month just for the privelidge of uncrabling the HD signal of channels I already pay for.

rewski
    Free Member

There’s always Talk Talk I guess, or pay as you go on Now TV, works out expensive though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

rewski – Member
    BT Sport is available to any broadband customer via the web app, to watch on TV you need a TV package, to watch British Eurosport or Sky Sports you need BT Infinity because the channels are multicast eg streamed over the fibre network.

If you connect your computer to the tv then you can watch that way. Not sure how the web page works but possibly you cold stream from an iPhone / iPad to tv via Apple TV

kevin1911

To be able to get the BT sports package you need to be able to get BT Infinity.

That’s not quite true. BT will be transmitting the BT Sports channels over the Freeview multiplex (but you’ll need a BT Vision or YouView box and a card). To get the BT Sports channels in HD, or to get Sky Sports, you’ll need BT Infinity and a BT Vision or YouView box.

Clear as mud, eh!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BT TV packages’ is closed to new replies.