Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BT to Plusnet conundrum?
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

My fixed contract with BT for a broadband phone tv package finished a while back and with the recent hike in prices I decided to go with Plusnet. However, as those who’ve joined Plusnet know, you have to have the broadband installed first before you add the TV package. OK, no real drama, but my intention was to immediately sign up for their TV package on confirmation of the successful install of broadband.

This is my conundrum; its been three days now and there seems to be no change to the channels including youview which we were receiving from BT. I thought BT as with the broadband service would have been switched off one the day of changeover, but this doesn’t seem to have happened! Anyone else had this experience, or is it just a matter of time before the inevitable switch off happens and BT demand their Top box back?

I live in hope that something has been forgotten and I’m going to receive free channels forever! But it’s not the sort of thing that happens to me, so I’m waiting for the inevitable phone call or letter demanding their equipment back! Apologies for being so longwinded! Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

mikey74
    Free Member

BT own Plusnet (I think) and they use all the same infrastructure. When I had my Plusnet fibre installed, it was a BT engineer who did it. Therefore, given the close ties, it may have been just a simple switch of accounting from their point-of-view, meaning you notice no change.

For the record, I didn’t change from BT to Plusnet, I just went straight to Plusnet, so i don’t know the above for sure.

badgerbater
    Free Member

I realise that Plusnet are basically a sister company, but my point is, that currently under my new contract with Plusnet I’m not paying for TV! Not really sure why I’m broadcasting this, but I suppose I’m just waiting for the inevitable to happen!!

Rio

I swapped from BT to Plusnet in February, although without television. BT still haven’t got their act together on billing 3 months later and have tried to charge me for a call package on a line they no longer provide. Don’t be surprised if they still try and charge you for the TV service.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Wonder if it’s worth contacting BT to see if they want their old kit returned?

matt_outandabout

BT

I think I can see the problem here.

wiggles
    Free Member

I had this with BT when I switched before, I paid for the box as part of by bill over 12 months the they asked for it back so I questioned why did I pay for it then, they said that’s just the deal you have to give it back. I asked if they charge me if I don’t, they said no… I still have the box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BT to Plusnet conundrum?’ is closed to new replies.