Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • BT Thieving Scumbags – Opinions are my own
  • Gweilo
    Free Member

Looked at my BT bill today and note that the want to charge me £5.67 to process the bill or £1.49 a month. Anyone else noted their passing on the cost of doing business to their customers?

Best part is I get my bills quarterly so they want to charge me for processing bills I don’t get…. I’m going to charge the £2.98 a month to process the bill and £50 to call them and tell them, I suspect the won’t like that very much.

br
    Free Member

go direct debit?

tomhoward

What b r said.

cinnamon_girl

BT are the Devil, thank goodness I’m no longer with them!

Gweilo
    Free Member

I don’t do direct debits after being billed £2239 at Christmas a couple of years ago for a £223.90 bill. Direct Debits also allow whoever you’ve authorized to dive into your bank account whenever they like for an unspecified amount of money. Not exactly what I call foo, proof.

And the cost of processing the debit card I pay with is less than 0.5%

The point is they are passing their cost of doing business, which is already factored into their charges, with a massive markup, on top of charging for a service they don’t provide 66.666r% of the time

Woody
    Free Member

Orange aren’t much better. They lumped 3% onto my 2 year fixed contract after 8 months as an ‘inflation’ cost, which apparently is in the contract and they are quite entitled to do it.

Absolutely boiled my urine as I stupidly thought a fixed term contract meant exactly that ie. rate was fixed for the period. They are all money grabbing bastards as it’s not like they are struggling to turn a profit 👿

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Looking at it another way, BT’s business model has evolved to offer the most competitive prices/services using paperless billing and DD collections. Should everyone using DDs pay more to support those who want to continue using old methods or should your price reflect the fact they are doing more work to administer your account? Just playing Devil’s advocate…

That said, don’t get me started on Ryan Air’s “we call them add-ons but really you have no choice in the matter”

druidh
    Free Member

FWIW, it’s not theft if it’s in your contract (and I bet it is)

Gweilo
    Free Member

I asked them for a signed copy containing that clause, I know it doesn’t exist.

I agree its not theft, charging for a service you don’t provide is fraudualent. My mistake 😉

druidh
    Free Member

It doesn’t have to be signed. if they send you a copy of the (amended) T&Cs and you don’t complain about it and carry on making use of their service then you are deemed to have accepted them.

project
    Free Member

other crap telecoms providors are available, but nearly everyone uses Bt exchanges and phone lines, except for virgin.

Gweilo
    Free Member

Virgin here we come….. Thanks for that

Deemed by whom Druidh – genuine question not awkwardness

sparkyrhino

Unless virgin dont have any network in your street , then its bt’s network and openreach will install.enjoy

nealglover
    Free Member

I asked them for a signed copy containing that clause, I know it doesn’t exist.

As previously mentioned. It doesn’t need to be signed, they just need to have made you aware of the amended terms, so you can read them and make a choice

(or ignore them and carry on, which I suspect is the case?)

druidh
    Free Member

The LAW

🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

Oh so now we get the BT vs Virgin debate….i’ll stick with BT thanks

samuri
    Free Member

BT. The only bee that can sting you more than once.

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh so now we get the BT vs Virgin debate….i’ll stick with BT thanks

Me too !

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘BT Thieving Scumbags – Opinions are my own’ is closed to new replies.