Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BT Sport subscription
  • RicB

Am I right in saying to get access to a BT Sport subscription I need either BT broadband or a Sky subscription?

I’d like BT Sport for the Champions League footy but I don’t have either of the above. After horrendous customer service issues with BT broadband and being quite happy with Freesat, I don’t have any intention to either.

Seems quite a limited business model to me…

disco_stu
    Free Member

I get it via Plus.net for £5 a month at the moment, it’s an app on my phone that I can chromecast to the TV – it works pretty well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadkenny
    Free Member

I get it with EE 4G Max plan on the phone.

Not tried “casting” it, but somewhat annoyed Google have removed Miracast from Android in later versions so the only option is to buy a Chromecast device for the TV, when it already has built-in industry standard casting support.

Not that I watch it really. Like Sky Sports, has about one thing I might be interested in about once or twice a year.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ive got BT Broadband, so I have BT Sport at an extra cost and BT HD at a further extra cost.

I discovered that I have to pay a further £6 per month to get it on my SKY Q mini box, which I thought was outrageous! Not bloody well paying that!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Sky Q is a massive rip off, but then so is Sky (reminding me why the hell I’m paying £44 a month now for Sky, which I hadn’t even realised, for about 6 channels I actually watch, sometimes, and most of those are free to air. I don’t even have sports or movies).

RicB

Ok so that’s decision made!

BT Sport subs obviously being a loss-leader incentive to sign up to the full BT broadband or sky packages. Both of which don’t exactly sing value for money from the rooftops.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ask someone you know if they’ll share their log in, I quite happily use my da’s for heehaw! 🙂 it’s fine for a couple of log ins at the same time. dunno the limit on that though. (2 is a definite, just checked on m phone and comp.)

ads678

Ive got plus net and paying £2.50 a month for the bt sport app. £2.50 for 6 months then £5 after than but no contract.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BT Sport subscription’ is closed to new replies.