Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • BT playing hardball and not budging on their 47 Pound a month deal who else…
  • postierich
    Free Member

except SKY
    After unlimited Broadband and obviously line rental
    North West area

Drac

Plusnet BTs other ISP.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I hate BT, after Vodaphone they are the most vile/hideous company to have ever had my cash. I would sooner deal with Dave Hinde

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cancelled my BT as it regularly ran at less than 1Mps and yes I was paying about £45 a month. IME they do not negotiate at all just run various offers. I am currently just using a Three mobile WiFi device which is £15 a mknth but clearly not a substitute for full broadband

postierich
    Free Member

Gave them one last call (free) and had the plusnet offer in front of me told them the price I was willing to pay 35 and finally got to that figure after several times being put on hold. Asked them if they owed plustnet and why they could not match the 33 a month and just got blah blah blah!
    Happy at the 4 beers a month saving

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I hope you went through Topcashback and bagged the extra £42….

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

Just had this exact experience myself. I’ve cancelled with b.t and moved to John lewis broadband. Sounds terribly middle class I know, but they do seem to be top of the pile customer service wise and they were a good bit cheaper too.
    We only got switched yesterday so no real experience with them yet. Time will tell I guess.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Odd, I negotiated a discount with BT, apart from a bit of a wait when moving house, they’re fine as long as everything is running smoothly.

timber

Last time I called, £27/month renewal became £9/month renewal for the same service when I told them I had found a better deal (with Plusnet).

slackboy

Scottish and southern. Unlimited fibre including line rental @£21 per month

hora
    Free Member

£47 a month?!?!?!?

Freeview and 4G are all you need.

squirrelking
    Free Member

4G are all you need.

Unless you live somewhere that doesn’t have it. Or it doesn’t fulfil your needs.

P20

After the nightmare of BT customer service, I’ve been with Plusnet for years. Much easier to deal with when the occasion arises.

granny_ring

You always have to haggle with broadband renewals, doesn’t really matter who you’re with. Just haggle 🙂
    I always do with Talk Talk and it works, even if it takes 3 phone calls!

gobuchul
    Free Member

I just switched to Plusnet, less than half the cost for basically the same service. BT try to say they offer better customer service but as I have only had phone them to haggle for new deal then it doesn’t really matter.

Stoner
    Free Member

currently approaching similar position.

Unfortunately we’re in a “Market A” (used to be Market 1) where BT are the only wholesale providers so we dont get access to v cheap deals.

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/news/ofcom-broadband-market-competition-review.html

Its a large chunk of the country where you cant get “Cheap” provision from LLU suppliers.

PlusNet (who are BT)/John Lewis (who are also plusnet who are BT. What a swizz.) etc do “resell” BT here though.

I havent started the “Dance of the Retensions” yet, but expect that if they dont budge I’ll go to PlusNet for 12m before switching back again.

Currently Paying BT £45 pm (BB + LR) + now £4 for BTTV which I dont want.

New customers would be paying £29pm for the same
    New PlusNet customers would pay £30.50

nickc

I went from about £37 ish with BT, (broadband and line rental) to £17ish with plusnet just paying for line rental, broadband is free for 12 months. (might be 18months can’t be bothered to check)

They did change my landline number, now that doesn’t bother me, I don’t use my land line, but it’s worth checking if you move.

Stoner
    Free Member

frustratingly nick, one of the few bonuses of living in the grim northern wastelands where you do, is that PlusNet have installed Gravy-and-Whippet powered boxes in your local exchange so you get “free broadband”.

“We’ll do you proud, our pet, t’t bottom of stairs” etc etc

…but not if you live in Borsetshire.

Poor Al is still seen tugging on his bean tin & string more often than not.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘BT playing hardball and not budging on their 47 Pound a month deal who else…’ is closed to new replies.