Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BT Password Change Nonsense
  • beamers

So, my dad upgraded from the standard BT Broadband package to BT Infinity and since the upgrade he hasn’t been able to receive e-mails on his computer. I think he is using MS Mail.

He’s tried putting in his usual ID and password on the BT website to access his account but that isn’t working.

You would think then that selecting the “forgot password” option would be the answer? Well, no as BT very helpfully send instructions via e-mail to the account he can’t access.

Does anyone have a number for BT customer services that might be able to help (like a non publicised one where someone might actually be able to provide some assistance).

Ta in advance.

Cougar

Personally I’d bin it and use a popular webmail service. ISP-provided email is often more of an arseache than it’s worth, and he’ll have to change his address anyway if he ever changes ISPs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beamers

Spooky

That’s the page which results in an e-mail being sent to the account which my dad can’t access.

Cougar

I agree, however webmail may be level of internet witch craft too far for my dad.

spooky_b329

I’ve used it a few times when I’ve lost access to my account. I can’t imagine they are sending password reset instructions to the account you are trying to unlock. Possibly to a secondary/old email account if he has one registered on his account, as a backup account.

The only emails I got were warning that the password had been successfully changed.

johnhe

I would second the recommendation to take this opportunity to go to Hotmail or gmail or the like. But that won’t avoid having to get the BT mail working again.

the-muffin-man

Gmail can be set up so you can access pretty much anywhere, on any device.

It works fine with Windows built in mail app and Mail on Apple. You never need to log in through a browser if you don’t want to.

cyclistm
    Free Member

BTmail was borked last night. Not checked this morning. Could this be related?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Can he log in to ‘My BT’? If so he could try scrolling down to ‘Manage BT mail’ and try to get into his email account or change his password from there rather than going direct to the email login page.

Drac

Cyclistm is probably right as there’s no reason for his password to change.

CountZero

Gmail can be set up so you can access pretty much anywhere, on any device.

It works fine with Windows built in mail app and Mail on Apple. You never need to log in through a browser if you don’t want to.
    No, it doesn’t; there’s an issue with gmail on iOS 9 that stops messages getting through, and error messages saying there’s a password problem, when there isn’t. Deleting the account then reinstalling it only works sometimes.
    I’ve had gmail messages come through today, but other times they don’t, or else there’s no content.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BT Password Change Nonsense’ is closed to new replies.