Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • BT Mobile
  • toomba
    Free Member

new phone time and BT is looking good, anybody any experience with BT mobile??
    would be upgrading from Orange

Drac

I use them for my daughter no issues and as it’s EE good coverage.

properbikeco
    Free Member

As above uses EE for signal so you can check coverage easy.

Other thing to mention is they are one of the few decent value MVNO that offer 4G

If I was still a bt customer I’d be signed up with them…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tommid
    Free Member

I have been with them a month. Been on Vodafone for two years and before that 3. was desperate to get away from both as I had dreadful coverage with both here in Norfolk. Now with BT and I have had nothing less than 3G at home and at work. Everywhere I go it seems to give me great coverage. Also 15GB of data on sim only for £16 as a BT home customer.

scotroutes

Also just moved to BT after several years with Vodafone. So far, coverage is better AND I’m saving a few quid. In the Scottish Highlands, coverage has historically been best with Vodafone and/or O2. Looks like EE might have caught up.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for about a year now after switching from EE.
    Not had any problems and coverage is great and for 8 quid a month for 2gb of data I’m not complaining.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I moved both our accounts over from Orange/EE earlier in the year, no problems at all. I was a bit annoyed that I missed the £8 2Gb deal by a few days but £10 isn’t bad. I even ended up with a really nice easy to remember number (the wife chose to keep her old one).

robdixon
    Free Member

It’s not quite the same as EE so if any of the following might be of use then consider EE over BT.

– no wifi calling / texting in areas of no coverage
    – EE’s new 800Mhz network won’t be made available to BT users
    – limited / no choice of roaming packages

For a few quid more a month I’d personally go for EE over BT. Even though BT “use” EE’s network the range of network services is different.

Drac

Also no tethering.

allan23
    Free Member

Also no tethering.

Sure I got an e-mail saying that tethering is now allowed. Will have to double check.

Data seems to be EE’s network, they use another network for voice & text. I have a dual sim with a work EE SIM and the signals vary.

If you’re OK with what’s on offer it seems a reliable service.

Drac

Seems you’re right they have allowed it.

woody74

Well BT now own EE which owns Orange and T Mobile, so if the services are not the same they should be soon as BT want to get a massive foot hold of the mobile and home market.

I have just signed up from a BT sim as they are doing a double data offer so will be interesting to see any differences.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Been with them about 9 months now, all good thus far. Good coverage, good speeds, good price.

Well BT now own EE which owns Orange and T Mobile, so if the services are not the same they should be soon as BT want to get a massive foot hold of the mobile and home market.

+1
    They are not just a virtual network, they own EE now so I’d be surprised if you don’t start to see some of the above restrictions start to be removed.

scotroutes

There’s a BT app that allows calling over WiFi. BT SmartTalk

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘BT Mobile’ is closed to new replies.