Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BT mail
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Just tried logging into my BT account and met with a screen (looks very bona fide) saying I have to change my password as they have detected unusual activity on my account.

Legit?

Yes I did post up about what appeared to be spoofing of my account earlier this week…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, make sure the URL is genuine. Or even better, close the window and start anew typing the url in first.

tommyhine

If it was an old BT yahoo account they are changing them and phasing out the yahoo bit.

Mine wouldn’t let me in at all so Icalled up and they sorted it out.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d try an alternative logon route.
    eg. go to the BT homepage and follow the mail links from there, rather than using your bookmark/favourite

MoreCashThanDash

My log in page had a message warning me that I might get that message if they had detected dodgy activity. Not been asked to change it yet so not worried about it yet.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Just logged in to find a message from BT telling me they were going to ask me to change my pasword etc.

Divots!

beej

Old BT mail is provided by Yahoo, the are in the process of moving to a new provider. A list of Yahoo email details held by a third party (Hmm… BT perchance?) has been compromised. They are asking the holders of the compromised accounts to change their passwords.

I’d imagine BT were holding a copy of the account details to manage the transition.

Google Yahoo email and you should get a bunch of news stories from today.

peajay

I got the same last week, changed my password and things seem fine.

Harry_the_Spider

Same here. Changed password.

JulianA
    Free Member

Really wasn’t easy or pleasant trying to sort out a new account for Flickr… Nearly didn’t bother.

CountZero

JulianA – Member
    Really wasn’t easy or pleasant trying to sort out a new account for Flickr… Nearly didn’t bother.

I made a hash of setting up a Flickr account, and for ages it caused me all sorts of grief trying to log in, so hardly used it, preferred Photobucket, but now I can log in using my Facebook account, which is much easier, so I’m using it a lot more.

CountZero

JulianA – Member

I made a hash of setting up a Flickr account, and for ages it caused me all sorts of grief trying to log in, so hardly used it, preferred Photobucket, but now I can log in using my Facebook account, which is much easier, so I’m using it a lot more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BT mail’ is closed to new replies.