Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • BT Infinity Home Hub
  • veedubba

Read my other posts psychobiker. Anyone can come up with an idea.

I like how you’re quick to judge that I may not be a very good engineer, but woe betide me for wanting to demonstrate and be recognised for the time I’ve served, both professionally and academically.
    I think it’s incredible the number of selfless individuals on here who are happy to be considered equal to someone in the same trade with less knowledge or experience… That, to me, smacks of a lack of self belief and ambition.

I’ve not mentioned a need for qualifications, only qualification of the term, and the Institute of Engineers awards chartership for pure experience, or combined experience and qualifications.

Many of the responses on this thread show exactly the ignorance of what a professional engineer is and does which prompted my initial comment. Thanks for the supporting evidence.

For the record, I don’t need to do any willy waving, and also for the record I’m not chartered.

I believe a train engineer is a proper engineer Captjon…

Technician Engineer covers all bases, so you win Ming. 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

zzzzzzzz.

Who was a milk monitor? That might matter in a tie break.

veedubba

Nice that it’s so unimportant that you just had to post…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cheez0
    Free Member

I think you will find that has been reclassed as a ‘milk dispensing technicians’ cheggers!
    clearly not a ‘thinking’ type role.

sparkyrhino

milk is BRILLIANT 😯

Cougar

For my part I am a Bench Joiner

That’s a great skill.

Often, I’ve had two small benches and thought, “what I really need here is one big bench.”

allthegear
    Free Member

Cougar – that’s brilliant!!! 🙂

Rachel

footflaps

No one knows what CEng means, so it’s only really for personal reasons that you’d get it (although it’s respected in industry, so is worth it in that sense, but it’s not like calling yourself Dr).

I’m not sure anyone in Industry is really that bothered by CEng either – never applied myself and I don’t know anyone where I work who has either. NB This is in telecoms R&D.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

todays test on BT Broadband HH2

will update on Thursday with BT Infinity HH3

damo2576
    Free Member

If I have a degree in Engineering am I an Engineer?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Typical STW, a thread degenerates into pedantry and snobbery.

Anyway, back to more serious matters…does it actually bring loads of fit Spanish women to your front door?

brassneck

Cougar – Microsoft went through the whole MCTS / MCITP malarkey because Engineer is a reserved title ( I think it was Canada who kicked up a stink about it) in many countries – my German colleagues were inordinately impressed I did engineering at uni, whilst my English colleagues thinks this means I can fix their TV.

Now they’ve just rejigged the E to Expert, created the MS Certified Solutions Expert and we’re back to where we started …

If I have a degree in Engineering am I an Engineer?

For me you should be chartered OR wear a top hat, splendid facial hair and build beam engines one week and F*** off big railway bridges the next, but there are no rules in the UK that I know of.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

no sign of any mamasita’s yet…

tracknicko
    Free Member

dear god there’s a reason people think we engineers are ****.

derive concepts from first principles? bloody hell…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘BT Infinity Home Hub’ is closed to new replies.