Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bt homehub – what is my email address?
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

My home hub has died. I have a new netgear. It is asking for my PPPoA settings and wants am email address and password for my internet service. I have no idea what thid is. It is not my gmail account and doesn't seem to be written down anywhere. Any idea of the format or where I can find it out? Stuck using a blackberry at the moment

Stoner
    Free Member

are you with bt broadband?

its the email adress they gave you with that account I think.

Im afraid Im not at home so cant check my own BT settings…

DickBarton

Assuming you are using BT Broadband, your username will be your primary email address and the password is the one you use to login to your primary mail account.

The BT Homehub has this all sorted out so y0ou don't need to enter it but any other router needs that info to get you logged in.

carbon337
    Free Member

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

you will prob have an @btinternet.com adress to but the hub doesnt use that.

Ring them.

EDIT – sorry didnt read your post properly. No idea how to set it up for a 3rd party router.

EDIT 2 –

They are VPI/VCI 0/38 & PPoA.

As a User Name use broadbanduser@btbroadband.com with no Password.

bigyinn
    Free Member

username = firstname.surname@btbroadband.com
    password = blank or BT (if router wont allow blank password)
    VPI = 0
    VCI = 38
    VC-Mux
    IP and DNS obtain automatically.

bigyinn
    Free Member

BBB if youre still stuck, drop me a mail and i'll mail you over a setup guide for the Netgear (DG834Gv5??)

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

carbon337 wins the good karma. I am not typing this on my computer instead of the Blackberry. Thanks.

Seems quite slow at the moment though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Make sure the netgear has the latest firmware. Some older versions cant handle ADSL2 very well without the latest firmware.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Bt are 24 hours you should be able to call and confirm all details.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bt homehub – what is my email address?’ is closed to new replies.